• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

trygons new fluid goggles and noseclip

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
....... The red one is a bit more pink than I expected, though I guess you can still call it red(-ish). The aluminium version looks and feels excellent!
Eric

Eric Eric Eric

Red in freediving is big NO NO and should be avoided at all cost:)

When I ordered my noseclip I specified "Aluminum please, NOT red"

My "Ferrari red" Elios turned out to be pink, red Rocketfin is pink so I am done with red.

Noseclip indeed is there to stay but it's best feature is that it's meant to be placed higher, right by the bone which somehow makes equalization nicer, fast and effortless.
I also considered replacing leather with neoprene I got from Elios samples but I went to pool and it was OK, water makes it little softer and I wasn't bothered by pain.

BTW, they charged me slightly less than advertised - 58E (52noseclip + 6E shipping)

Attachments

• SANY0071.JPG
    SANY0071.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 150
  • SANY0072.JPG
    SANY0072.JPG
    140.1 KB · Views: 131
I just got my fluid goggles and noseclip.

Before I traied the paradisia noseclip and I never tried fluid goggles before.

First the noseclip is amazing, this one reaaaally clips, If you have a slipery nose or a small one this will work, if fits so good that it hurts a little bit to slide it off. It is small but sturdy, hard piece of metal, it seems hard to break, If you buy this one, you better like it cause is going to be around for years and years.

For the fluid googles I dont know, I never used fluid goggles before so I dont have nothing to compare it with, it gives you two surprises, one that you can see, second that is vision in between a mask and naked eye. I mean you see, but not as with a mask, but you dont really see well, but better than the naked eye, kind of looking true a prism I guess.

I saw that for performance dives are perfect, feels like cheating.
Looking for your dive budy, cheking students, etc not a good idea, you dont quite "see", you see, but you are not going to see your dive budy with panic eyes before bo.

I am using them to push dives, at least push dives for my level, but not for regular diving.

I am more than happy with this ones, if Im using a noseclip I will use this one for sure.

For the Fluidgoogles I dont know, I will try other brands to compare, but I have the feeling that all are the same, close to the next big thing, but not quite there yet.

@Okane: I agree with you on the noseclip, it is very slim, handy and efficient. It's a winner.

About the fluid goggle: I very much like its shape and concept BUT the lenses that were currently provided with it are sub-standard; It is perfectly possible to have clear vision under water (with thin planoconvex FL20mm lenses), the polycarbonate lenses provided however are not strong nor clear enough and are probably the result of a wrong delivery of an external supplier.

Trygons could have been more alert but it must be said that they responded instantly after it was reported.

Don't worry, give them time and once that have resolved this problem by providing the proper lenses, you will have perfect underwater vision. The Edmundsoptics lens(es) for instance allow one to read smallprint under water without any problems.

I was making a product video review for Shark Freediving about the product from Trygons we received. We noticed the same thing with the lenses and reported it back. Yesterday I received a notice from Trygons that the lenses on the goggles were probably wrong. So now we will wait until the new ones have arrived and only review the noseclip for now.

@Kars: Did you find out the FL (focal length) for the lenses used? I noticed that the polycarbonate lenses look a bit cloudy and thick.

From the email exchange I'm having, they told me: about 12mm.

The lens is very close to the eye, 3-4 mm and consequently it should have a nice big field of vision. FOV is greatly dependant on the distance to the lens, so one's individual mileage may vary.

Hiya everybody,
I recently bought the fluid goggles from Trygons, however I have not had any reply, e-mail notification or anything. Just wondering whether anyone else has experienced this, and for those that have bought equipment from Trygons, how long did delivery take ? I'm off to Dahab on the 3rd July so was kinda hoping I will have them for the trip.
Cheers,
Dave

I got mine (2 noseclips + goggles) in about a week I think.

Had to send the goggles back though, apparently they had some faulty batch of lenses and had to recall some goggles. Hoping to see fixed ones soon...

The design is brilliant in all it's simplicity. But not much use in cold water.

Nose clip simply rocks, but like someone mentioned, don't want to black out with it. If the safety doesn't know how to take it of, it might prove kind of painful :)

I am really happy with their service so far. Email replies came quick, although the seemed to be getting busier and emails came not as quick as before anymore. They have a €29 and a €43 transportation cost option. I don't remember how long they told me it would take but I do remember it to be very accurate. At the moment I think they are still waiting for the new batch of lenses. The first batch was not the correct strength and I think they want to make sure they have it right this time to avoid losing customers.

Eric

Simo / Eric,
Thanks for the replies, it sounds as if it is the lenses that are holding them up.
The design looks very good, simple but effective. I have not purchase the nose clip as I find the paradisia does me fine.

I bought the fluid googles and noseclip.

They spontaniusly notify me about the bad batch of lenses and that I should sent back my googles to get new ones at no cost.

My surprise was that I got a mail telling me that they already sent me the new ones and next day I received the new googles by ups.

I havent been able to try them, but I am surprised that even without sending back the faulty ones they sent me new ones.

I can say its an exelent product with exelent customer service, I really recomend to buy from them, and I can tell everybody it is an honest producer that could be more than trusted.
And also they have a quality product.

Having paid for the goggles, I was sent a nose clip and a t-shirt ? I am in Dahab at the moment and I must admit the nose clip is amazing. I now have to send money for the nose clip which is proving very difficult here in Egypt. I will have to wait until I get home. I was just a little disappointed to firstly not have the goggles in time for this training trip, and secondly to not hear anything from them for so long. Hopefully I will have the goggles by next week......At least I have an excuse to book my next training holiday to try them out !!

All I know is that I got a message that new goggles are on the way and a valid ups tracking code...So seems they got the lenses again.

Hopefully will receive them and be able to try them out on monday.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT