• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

TV Program in HBO about the Ferreras/Mestre's Case

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricardo (SAFER)

Jun 28, 2002
This Tuesday the 28th a Special Investigative TV Program on HBO (Home Box Office) REAL SPORTS WITH BRYANT GUMBEL will be aired.

The HBO filming crew interviewed all the persons involved and did a thorough report.

Simultaneously, the Hispanic (Spanish speaking) national TV networks UNIVISION and TELEMUNDO are also going to air respective specials. Dates have not been yet released.

A magnificent occassion to see an impartial, objective and "non-biased" examination of this case.

Ricardo G. Hernandez
Miami, Florida
www.divesafer.com

Looking forward to the program, I believe it will air at 10pm Eastern time. Thanks for the heads up Rick!

Anybody who can record the thing and perhaps ship it to me? (I'll reimburse.) Problems is that if the recording is done on VHS, it should be done in PAL format, otherwise I can't see it. Alternative is a CD-rom, either one is fine.

Chris Engelbrecht, Copenhagen

Tonight HBO An inside look

For those of you who have contacted me privately and asked me to record the program and have it sent to you, (C.O.D. guys..of course!) No problem!

Nevertheless, I have been made aware of similar programs on the same "subject" that are going to be aired in "Euro-Vision " Spain, France, Italy, etc. These are said to be "whole" programs, not simple segments, as is the case with HBO tonight.

I'll have those programs too, if you'd like them, please advise.
Let's see.

Ricardo G. Hernandez

When confronted by reporter Goldman with very inquisitive and incisive questions, did we hear Ferreras evasively responding:
"Things happen"...?
Did he mean "Sh.... happen?"
Many more questions were left unaswered.
Fortunately, as Mr. Goldman said at the end, they will be revisited in detail during the pending Civil Trial.
Given the limited time allowed for the segment, Pandora's Box was nevertheless quite opened...

Reactions: Jon
I did see the reports on Spanish TV as well as the HBO nightmare.

"Things happen, things happen" That's still bothering the heck out of me. Actually, as a fellow Cuban is killing me.

I wonder what the Streeters think of the HBO airing?

Watching Audrey reach depth and then not be able to inflate the bag was very depressing. The interviewer really took Pipin to task also. What a tragedy.
Jim

Re-airing

For those that missed the show, it will re-air tomorrow (Thursday) at 7pm EST.

i think my friend ricardo(safer) has wayyy to much time on his hands. everyone knows pippin cant express himself in english, i will admit he looked like a fool on national television, but that doesnt mean that the guy did what HBO and all of you are incenuating, THAT HE KILLED HIS WIFE OUT OF JEALOUSY. everyone loves the soap opera bullshit that they did in that HBO report, but let the man rest already. they were careless, they had done that dive hundreds of times without problems and got careless.THATS ALL. she died year ago, but some of you (rick) just cant seem to let that go. is it for the spotlight? could it be that the jealousy is in this board? thats my opinion. rick, find something else to do with your life man, let it go.

Reactions: Alun
"Let it go"

A young girl dies in the prime of her life due to possible negligence..."Let it go".

A jet airliner jammed with passengers rams into an equally packed skyscraper..."Let it go".

An enraged, deadbeat husband murders his pregnant wife..."Let it go".

Such a nonchalant, indifferet attitude would probably not be expected if the victim was your wife, daughter, mother or loved one.

My 0.02 cents!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jon
Guys

This is a very controversial subject and there are obviously a lot of strong emotions still out there on both sides of the argument.

Shouldn’t we try avoid getting embroiled in this type of aggressive discussion and leave out the accusations and flames? Hopefully the civil trial Ricardo mentions will resolve this once and for all.

IMO it just doesn’t make sense to drag this out on this forum. The end result will probably be another moderated or locked thread, just like the earlier threads on this issue and that helps no one at all:(

Ash

Originally posted by ash
Guys

This is a very controversial subject and there are obviously a lot of strong emotions still out there on both sides of the argument.

Shouldn’t we try avoid getting embroiled in this type of aggressive discussion and leave out the accusations and flames? Hopefully the civil trial Ricardo mentions will resolve this once and for all.

IMO it just doesn’t make sense to drag this out on this forum. The end result will probably be another moderated or locked thread, just like the earlier threads on this issue and that helps no one at all:(

Ash

I agree.:)

Ash, I agree with you that this is a very controversial topic, but on the other hand, this is the ONLY forum where you could discuss and share different opinions from different perspective. I can't talk to my neighbor about this, all he wants to talk about is the Florida Marlins and how many sugar canes field he had in Cuba. I can't talk to my girlfriend, for she couldn't tell the difference between a snorkle and a car exhaust.

People, let's suck-it-up a bit and face the music. We are all adults and have the right to express our own sentiments. After all, isn't this a website to speak and share with fellow ocean lovers? Why avoid topics, when here is the only place we are understood. Just my opinion!

Originally posted by Antonio Montana
Why avoid topics, when here is the only place we are understood. Just my opinion!

Hi Antonio

Actually, I agree with you, this is an excellent place to discuss things (even controversial topics) but shouldn’t we keep it civil?

One of the things I like so much about the DB Forums is that the discussions are generally friendly and informative without descending into the petty bickering and personal insults found on some other diving related forums. This thread was looking quite out of character and if it had continued along those lines, then I think it would have been eventually locked or deleted and at that point, we all lose out.

Maybe I am entirely wrong and things should be left to run their natural course but in a topic as heated as this one, I reckon it can only end badly.

I am sure one of the moderators will have something to say at some point.

Cheers

Ash

Ash, "civil" is very correct. I am all for it and discuss things as adults without pointing fingers or making blunt accusations. Just opine in a "civil" way wether you prefer tomatoe or tomato. What I am not in favor is to just avoid the subject, controversial or not. Again, the key, as you said, is to "keep it civil". Again, just my opinion.

Reactions: ash
Re: "Let it go"

Originally posted by Rolando
"i think my friend ricardo(safer) has wayyy to much time on his hands. everyone knows pippin cant express himself in english, i will admit he looked like a fool on national television, but that doesnt mean that the guy did what HBO and all of you are incenuating, THAT HE KILLED HIS WIFE OUT OF JEALOUSY. everyone loves the soap opera bullshit that they did in that HBO report, but let the man rest already. they were careless, they had done that dive hundreds of times without problems and got careless.THATS ALL. she died year ago, but some of you (rick) just cant seem to let that go. is it for the spotlight? could it be that the jealousy is in this board? thats my opinion. rick, find something else to do with your life man, let it go."

A young girl dies in the prime of her life due to possible negligence..."Let it go".

A jet airliner jammed with passengers rams into an equally packed skyscraper..."Let it go".

An enraged, deadbeat husband murders his pregnant wife..."Let it go".

Such a nonchalant, indifferet attitude would probably not be expected if the victim was your wife, daughter, mother or loved one.

My 0.02 cents!

you are absolutely right. dont let it go, i say we all go to pippin's home with pitchforks and hang him in the lawn from a speargun.

Not wanting to unleash "the dogs of censorship" I will refrain myself from participating in this thread.
Whatever my contribution might be, it will always be misconstrued by some as a "biased" one.
There are enough intelligent and articulated members (and others not quite so...) to engage in a "civilized” constructive manner.
One thing is clear, the wheels of Justice, even tough grinding slowly, will show the truth, publicly in a Court of Law.
Revindication and guilt will be finally allocated to those who deserve either of them, respectively.
The Final Hearing or Trial, if you will, is fast approaching.
Everything will be revealed with abundance of evidence, irrefutable ble testimony under oath by witnesses who were THERE, and other factual evidence that wasn't even mentioned in the HBO program.
The HBO program was only a very small part of every partricipant's interview. Other programs will follow up.
Hey, you might even see the whole thing in Court TV's "Domique Dunne, power, privilege and justice"....
But, please, for our own sake, don't ever "LET THIS GO".
I didn't, and for a whole year when, completely alone, I kept my heap upright and my self respect, had I let go... the truth would not be in its way to the light...

Ricardo G. Hernandez

Status
Not open for further replies.
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT