• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

UK and Ireland Forum Dashboard discussion thread

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

bobdonny

Fighting Irish
Mar 16, 2010
What it says on the tin :)

Please feedback and we'll all try to make this work :)

Mentors, feel free to edit whatever you link into the threads!

Regional forums

Hi,
Feed back as requested, who is the local mentor for Wales? Shouldn't everything to do with Spear fishing be in the Hunting Forum (why isn't it called Spear fishing Forum?).
Personally, Im not sure why there is a sub forum on angling? Plenty of angling sites on the web. Just my opinion!

Although a complete novice, I'm quite keen to get involved in the Wales sub forum and whatever it entails.

Ok, I'm standing by to be torn to shreds!

Re: Regional forums

Welcome Dawsie - don't worry about asking questions - all are welcome :)

Feed back as requested, who is the local mentor for Wales?
There is no such thing as a Mentor for Wales - however there are people attached to this forum UK & Ireland who are here to help! Just ask away...
Shouldn't everything to do with Spear fishing be in the Hunting Forum (why isn't it called Spear fishing Forum?).
Things to do with local aspects - such as local issues - are in these regional forums. General Spearfishing aspects are in the Hunting forums (yes they should say Spearfishing but it's a historic thing from way back)
Personally, Im not sure why there is a sub forum on angling? Plenty of angling sites on the web. Just my opinion!
Errr - which forum are you talking about? We've never had a forum on angling (although there may be threads related to those sorts of discussions in these forums)
Ok, I'm standing by to be torn to shreds!
I hope you'll find DB the friendliest forum out there for diving :)

Re: Regional forums

Hi,

Hi Dawsie, there is a thread called Sea Angling for spearos http://forums.deeperblue.com/general-staff-area/93710-resignation.html#post870447 & it is quite popular too.
I think that most guys interested in spearfishing will at some time have been rod fishing.
However we do have lots of non related sperfishing threads because we are a community of like minded folk who share lots of interest. :)

What the boys said dawsie :)
Thanks for being the first to reply, great comments :)

And thanks Stephen for the ninja edit + updating the local threads! I suppose I could have done it myself if I wasn't so lazy... :)

Speaking of Lazy!! I can't believe I havent gone through all the old regional forum threads!! Its great they are all there and I look forward to all the pearls I missed as I go through them all in my spare time :)

I don't like change! But I have figured out what you guys are doing now and in my humble opinion I think its a good idea. Keep up the good work!

Honestly I don't like it much preferred it when the regional threads were in there own section. I think the video thread is a brilliant idea anyway that's just my two cents!

I understand the desire from some members to have their own sections, however there was a real segmentation going on in the forums and a major effort across the whole forums was completed to simplify and consolidate forums to keep participation up. This resulted in a single UK/Ireland forum rather than multiple sub-forums. The Dashboard thread acts a signpost to interesting and important threads in the forum.

Reactions: Broseidon
OK,

I've updated the dashboard with all the regional 2013 threads.
Only thing is not there is a north and south wales thread... is there a need for two?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT