• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

UK end of season fishing

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

dave

Dicentrarchus labrax
Jan 13, 2003
Caught last week on a trip to a reef off the S Devon coast. Both fish went 9lbs and were shot with a Seatec Gabbiano 120. The bass was in a cave at about 30ft, the pollack on a drop off at 70ft
The bass seem to be thinning out now (I only saw 4 all day), but there were lots of good sized pollack about
cheers
dave
www.spearo.co.uk
www.eliossub.co.uk

Attachments

• 9lbers.jpg
    9lbers.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 296
Reactions: Huan and Erik
Nice Pollock Dave, bet your pleased with that one :) I had a couple of big ones early in the season, made my summer. Its been an awfull summer here, Ive packed my gear away for winter now, the surf hasnt stopped hardly for the last month or so and the viz is the pits.
Yup! Its the end of the season alright :(

End of season?
there is still plenty to do in the winter, Scallops need thinning out.
and there is bass here all year round, do they disappear in the UK winter?
Nice fish tho' I think that the really big pollock are one of the most challenging fish to spear more so than Bass even.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT