• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

unable to repost or edit

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

baiyoke

Nov 13, 2011
Hi.

A few times I have experienced that I'm not able to post again, sometimes for days. Now it happened again.

I post, and when I want to edit, or to add another post in same thread, I get the message "wait 30 seconds" wich I do, but the same happens, or often I get to a completely blank page, and nothing happens...

I tried logging off-on, I tried logging on via another browser, and I tried cleaning all cookies... Same problem...

What's wrong? And what can I do...?

Thomas

PS: Now don't even know if I can post this.. he he... well here goes..

Well that worked.

Perhaps its a problem that's related to writing looong posts sitting 30+ minuttes... might be...

Nope. And don't know if it's still there... Haven't been too active lately...

If it reappears I'll write again..

Problem is back. Wrote a long reply (15+ minutes), and now I can't post it... :-(

Same story as last time: "I tried logging off-on, I tried logging on via another browser, and I tried cleaning all cookies... Same problem...".

IF I can post this, the problem is sticking to only one specific thread... Like last time

In the other browser it said "internal HTTP-500 server failure".

Baiyoke - I'm not near my laptop to check it out but if you have posted after encountering the problem it is most likely a browser or connection issue although I won't discount a server issue if you are seeing a specific error message.

Can you try something? Can you try posting in the test forum and try chopping down the post by a paragraph or several sentences each time and see at what point it accepts the post?

That was a good idea. Thanks.

It didn't like 1 out of 2 links links to wikipediea.

This is what it didn't like (I have added * between h and ttp):

h*ttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shallow_water_blackout).

Made from entering this "h*ttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shallow_water_blackout" into the "insert link" tool...

:)

Ah - I see - the system should still handle malformed links so may still be a big but good to know you got to the bottom of it :)

Yes, nice, but the question remains to me: How to post a link to the wikipedia pages about shallow water blackout & Mammalian dive reflex. They are very good links I think :)

Whats the issue with those wiki links? Other non-wiki www-pages are fine when making links...

Nope - just tried it myself - getting PHP errors in the logs so definitely a bug

Testing Link [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shallow_water_blackout"]Shallow water blackout - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT