• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Unassisted World Record Diary Online: Also win FREE Stuff!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

ApneaBlue

Jan 8, 2002
Hi Guys,
I am posting on behalf of Yassemin and myself. Our dive team is assembled in Kas, Turkey and we are here to attempt the male and female unassisted freediving records.

We have started an online diary on our website www.LearnFreediving.com

You can also enter our guess the depth contest and win some good prizes. Like:

- Free entry in one of our freediving courses
- 2 Quantum watches
- 3 sunglasses from MFC Core Optics (www.mfcoptics.com) your choice.

I am just writing this off the top of my head so go to www.LearnFreediving.com and read more about it.

Hope all is going well with everyone. We have wasted 2 days here so far. One day setting up and the other to bad weather. We will try to leave early tomorrow and try and beat the 30+ knot winds and 1-2m swells we are currently experincing.

Take care and talk soon,
David

Reactions: cebaztian and Alun
I hope the best for both of you.
I know you will take the record back.

Nice dives

In addition to LearnFreediving.com, DeeperBlue.net will be bring you daily reports and photos from on-location with David and Yas. The special feature series will start running towards the end of the week.

(David - see you in a couple of days)

hi

Keep on going David and Yasemin

saludos to Rudi and all this people there

blessing

Daniel.

Last edited:
Best wishes to the FREE team.
Cheers,
Erik Y.

freediving apdate in español

Para los freedivers de habla hispana hay una version actualizada en espanol

http://www.learnfreediving.com/

for the spanish speaking freediving community

- there is a Spanish version of the diary available-

LoL those divers are spoiled! I was diving last weekend with surface temps of 50 some degrees F' with only a 3mm shorty, then i was doing dives of 20 ft.' with no wetsuit! I'm used to the cold water now, and i have some extra body fat :) Good luck guys and girls, im looking forward to more articles.

Hey, no fair -- I think those fish were assisting the divers! :D

Awesome films. Best of luck, as if you need it. You two look awesome in the water. The only no-fins swimming that I've seen that rivals this in terms of technique is Stig's 166m record.

while many of us still work out the good old fins - yasemin and david do it barefeeet...

all the best to them!

Awesome video clips !!!
Yasmin and David are an inspiration to us.

Best wishes to you all !!!

Originally posted by Pezman
Hey, no fair -- I think those fish were assisting the divers! :D

Awesome films. Best of luck, as if you need it. You two look awesome in the water. The only no-fins swimming that I've seen that rivals this in terms of technique is Stig's 166m record.

I agree.... Stig is in a class of his own. The Video clips was awesome, and I hope there will be more of them. Good Luck with the records, I know you will take them I am psychic ;)

I cannot believe that David goes 55m and back WITH NO CONTRACTIONS!!!

Unbelievable.

Al

I've been glued to this diary. For some reason, these dives have me drawn in more than any of the other attempts this year.

Rudi's accounts are really well written, the films are great and theres something magical and super-athletic about no-fins diving.

Where can I get one of those cool suits?

WAY TO GO DAVID!!!! Congratulations on the new Unassisted Constant Ballast record! Glad to see your efforts pay off. Keep on going!!! You have to... you did not hit my contest announced depth yet ;)

Cheers,

Tyler

good job

YESSSSSSSSS you did it David .... Im very happy with this

Bendiciones

Daniel.

The learn freediving diary website is down-- TOO MANY USERS!

Now isn't that a tribute to an event well organized and publicized.

Eric Fattah
BC, Canada

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT