• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Underwater acrobatics..

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Pekka

neoprene dreamer
Aug 22, 2001
Hello to all DB members,

I have gone diving to local pool couple of times just because I have time and calories to burn after all that eating, so diving it was.. but as some of you might have noticed I don't take the sport too seriously, and usually dont do much static or dynamic apnea... I decided to try something else at the bottom of the local pool..

I know that empty lung dives are dangerous, but I hada buddy to cover my butt.. and the usual disclaimers..

So I did an empty lung dive (no reverse packing) just breathing out.. and once at the bottom I started walking along the bottom of the pool... worked fine so I developed it and did a flip first backwards then forward one, still no problems.. cartwheel was a disaster, but moves from Matrix worked wonders.. meaning walking on the walls and flip backwards with handstand..

Acrobatics is quite easy at the bottom of the pool, slow but looks interesting, especially if you awoid swimming with your hands, that always brakes the illusion..

Try it, it is fun and change for blowing bubble rings.. and training if you do such a thing.. :t

Have you tried it already? is there such sport?

Happy New Year to you all kind and cool people who post on these forums.

Pekka

Reactions: DeepThought
Pekka,
My favourite is the Luke Skywalker one handed handstand--then move to a one finger handstand...

Pete
Tofino, BC surfing holiday

I thought I was the only one - nice to know that the sport of underwater acrobatics is being developed. ;)

Thanks for giving me some inspiration of new things to do!

naiad

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT