• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Underwater camera?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

fluidshelf

Jan 23, 2002
Im just starting out photographing underwater and am looking for a realatively inexpensive camera to start with. I take a lot of photographs of surfing and have a great camera set-up for land and was wondering is it better for me to look into housing or to purchase a seprate underwater camera until i get the jist of shooting underH2O while freediving. I dont dive very deep 25'><, and was wondering if the Sealife Reefmaster Digital camera would be a good starters piece. The camera supposedly doubles well as a land camera which might work well for taking surfing pics while im in the water. If anyone owns one of these cameras and can give me some advice as whether or not to purchase it, please let me know.
Thank You
Anthony

You might want to check out this thread hear in the forums:

http://forums.deeperblue.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16645

Some good opinions on Digital Camera's and underwater photo's.
I've used some disposables with little luck (hard to aim I found and the pictures were always dark, but that might have been me).
I haven't tried it but apparently you can take those disposables down to around 50' and take a shot, you just can't wind them while your down there :).

hi,

how do you project digital fotos -
with a digital projector ?
or
do they have to be made into slides first
to be used on a regular oldfashioned slide projector?
- forgive my ignorance, please!

Is the digital quality sufficient for
a (semi-)professional slideshow?

thanks!

peter

Its a digital camera in the sense that you don't have film, but a computer behind the lense that takes the picture and stores it in computer usable format. Then you can digitally manipulate the pictures (like you might in a dark room) and print them out or use them on the computer.

I've never used slides but I don't see a reason why a decent digital camera couldn't take a picture and print it to a slide.

A few web sites to find out more about digital camera's:
http://www.steves-digicams.com/
http://www.dpreview.com/

Hope that clears things up.

projection

my dig.camera has a video output where i can hook it straight up to a tv and view everything i shot on the 'big' screen. fun for the entire family :D

there are alot of high priced digital projectors out there, but they run off your laptop or pc. i've been fortunate enough to have people/work/school let me borrow theirs. then, you just run something like ACD See for your slideshow. voila! entertainment for days! :cool:

later,
anderson

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT