• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Up coming competitions for 2008

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Ron Bakker

Rons Sea Corner
Nov 5, 2004
Does anyone know of spearfishing competitions coming up for 2008? Anywhere in the world. I'm making up an events calendar on my site which will have the details of each comp or event. Whether it's in Italy, Qatar, England, Australia or any other location.

Cheers Ron

Hi Ron, comps in the UK this year (2008) organised by the British Spearfishing Association.

26 April 2008 Bognor Regis, shore dive (Sussex Club) (Back up 20 September 2008)

8 June 2008 St Albans (if can organise boat dive)/if not Durdle Door (Wessex Club) (Back up date 22 June 2008)

12 July 2008 Portland Bill (LIC) (Back up date TBC)

27 July 2008 Selsey (Southsea Club) (Back up date TBC)

8/9 August 2008 Seaton (Plymouth Club – Alan Mills) (Back up date TBC)

7 September 2008 Sandy Bay (Exeter Club) – no wrasse, no dogfish, no congers. (Back up date TBC)

Last year our championship was won by Tim Barnett from New Zealand. Divers from all over the world take part.

Regards Kev

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr. X
Cool,I'll put that onto my site later. Do you have a contact email or phone number if someone wants to register?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…