• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

USA female freediver hits 65meters CNF!!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

kelp princess

depthfinder
Jul 15, 2003
amazing unofficial WR performance coming out of the blue hole in the bahamas today!!!!

Ashley Futral Chapman of the United States performed a clean no fins dive to 65 meters on one breath - her dive took 2 minutes and :57 seconds and she will be making it official (in front of some AIDA judges) very soon at the PFI annual Deja Blue comp in Cayman.

the current WR is 62 m for the ladies.

note her dive watch says 64.3 because she wears it on her neck :)

congrats to Ashley! woot woot!

kp

Attachments

• ashley uWR 65m.jpg
    ashley uWR 65m.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 244
Monster dive! Congratulations! To my knowledge she becomes only the 3rd woman to reach this depth under any conditions!

Wow! And I even know her. She and Ren dove from my boat a few years ago on a trip to the West Coast to get their PFI instructor training. That was one day when I knew that if a fish wrapped up too deep in the kelp, I wouldn't have to resort to a tank to retrieve it.:) Beside being so damn good, she is delightful and good looking.:)

A beautiful combination Bill!

I welcome more women to the club any time, and am very impressed with her feat. Surely I'm hoping to see here dive!

Monster dive! Congratulations! To my knowledge she becomes only the 3rd woman to reach this depth under any conditions!

yes it is a monster dive! she attempted last year and came soooo very close but just no cigar (heartbreaking to watch), so this clean dive is very worth celebrating. :friday

who are the other two eric? would it be niki and natalia?

kp

A beautiful combination Bill!

I welcome more women to the club any time, and am very impressed with her feat. Surely I'm hoping to see here dive!

I finally found this photo of her about to board my boat (not that it has anything to do with her record, but it proves I've met someone famous :))

I just remembered that I was having sudden severe back spasms at that time, and when we had finished diving and were about to get out of our wetsuits, I emitted a sudden scream and bent over the side of the boat in pain. She and Ren were saying "what's wrong" and I'm sure that they thought I was having a major heart attack.

Attachments

• Ashley.jpg
    Ashley.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 240
Is that a red tail?

Ok, that's a lame joke that will end any chances I might have had with her ;) LOL

Reactions: kelp princess
I finally found this photo of her about to board my boat (not that it has anything to do with her record, but it proves I've met someone famous :))

I just remembered that I was having sudden severe back spasms at that time, and when we had finished diving and were about to get out of our wetsuits, I emitted a sudden scream and bent over the side of the boat in pain. She and Ren were saying "what's wrong" and I'm sure that they thought I was having a major heart attack.

Nice. Maybe some day, if the girl keeps the pace, you'll be able to claim a world record holder dove from your boat. Which will raise the value of the boat, in case you'd put it for sale. :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT