• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

uw photo w/o tanks?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
no time wasted...

i'm really psyched about reviewing a series of shots on my boat, then hopping back in to improve upon them. how nice not to have to learn a nikonos through all the developing time; one trip per trial and error, uggg :hmm . Plus, in the past i've had to take about 5 shots just to get one to turn out. now it's a whole new ball game.

also ordered the lexar 128mb smart media card. talk about going through some pictures! whew... :D

queso!

anderson

I think digital is the way to go anymore...I'm just trying to find the right camera.

Photography without air supply has some problems that scoobers don't have to deal with. I have a sort of beginners list of tips for tank-free shooting on the website I'm still slaving over.

This website is very much UNDER CONSTRUCTIONm and this page is not even located on the eventual URL, so please, don't poke around the site in general then pick nits. I just wanted to post this photo stuff now.

http://www.stormpages.com/snorklebum/Actphoto.htm

hey cliff...

love the camera and the housing. i've farted around with them enough to believe i'm dangerous now. 2 weeks till i get to use them! will be sharing my digital adventures so stay tuned.

thanks for all the advice. i'm definitely happy with this purchase, but i guess the proof will be in the pics.

later,
anderson

See these Images for results

I just finished some digital darkroom work in Photoshop 6 of some images I shot while at the Performance Freedive clinic. Since my interest has always been in Black and White, and was my specialty as a film shooter, I felt that these images reflect what can be done with technology and creative vision.

These images reside on my website, so have a look...

Kirk Krack

Brett LeMaster - Ascending

Brett LeMaster - A Quiet Moment

If you want the specs on what equipment I shot with, just ask.

Let me know what you think, guys!

Last edited:
very nice

cliff,

i assume you're still using the olympus.
go here to check out some of my first attempts. it'll be under "florida trip". all those shots were with my olympus. my favorite is the two queen angelfish under the rocks.

later,
anderson

ps. now i'm really anxious for kirk's class. ;)

Well DONE!

Excellent work andrsn!

Glad to see another freediver out there who also has a good sense of composition and a creative eye.

Yes - I am still using the Olympus cameras - the two underwater shots were with the Inon W/A lens - What an incredible piece of glass!

You will be worn out every day of the clinic - and it was the best four days I could have spent to learn more about freediving - safely and more confidently.

Keep in touch..

underwater 35mm camera recommendation

Hello All,

I am interested in buying an inexpensive underwater camera to capture my freediving adventures. Budget is 200 max. I'd prefer to go the 35mm route rather than digital + housing.

I have read a bit about the reefmaster RC and it sounds good. I am looking for minimal hassle with good quality. Does such an animal exist?

Thanks for the help.

Chris

I have a Canon Ixus digital camera. Are there any UW housings out there for this type?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT