• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

UW photos - Panasonic DMC-FT2 (TS2), Far Garden, Sharm el Sheikh, Egypt

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

primozp

Oct 15, 2009
This year in october I've been again in Egypt, at Far Garden (near Naama Bay, Sharm el Sheikh):

pictures: Sharm el Sheikh, oct.2010 album | Primoz | Fotki.com, photo and video sharing made easy.
movies: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/user/PrimozP#grid/user/B611F38883E656A0"]http://www.youtube.com/user/PrimozP#...11F38883E656A0[/ame]

Almost all underwater pictures were made using "underwater" scene mode, AWB, continuous focus, best picture quality, 7MP in depths up to 12 meters and all of them were made during snorkeling/freediving (mask and fins only), with "naked" FT2, without any additional light. Pictures were just imported to Picasa3, resized and exported.

Primoz

P1010260-vi.jpg

P1010271-vi.jpg

P1010318-vi.jpg

P1010321-vi.jpg

P1010328-vi.jpg

P1010333-vi.jpg

P1010335-vi.jpg

P1010346-vi.jpg

P1010354-vi.jpg

12 meters (40 feet) deep
P1010357-vi.jpg

Reactions: agbiv
Now that is some good vis! Clearer than in most fish tanks.
Lovely stuff, well done and yes thanks for sharing.

Video reports from last vacations:

1. recorded with Panasonic FT2 (TS2)

2. how we take underwater photos & movies:

3. recorded with Pentax WS80

Last edited by a moderator:
Just incredible, props to you my friend. I am looking at getting started in photography and looking at these images just motivated me some more. Of course that means spending more money, lol.....

Just incredible, props to you my friend. I am looking at getting started in photography and looking at these images just motivated me some more. Of course that means spending more money, lol.....

More money? All my pictures and movies were taken with 300EUR (naked, no UW housing) camera Panasonic DMC-TS2 (FT2) during snorkeling and freediving at depths up to 12 meters.

Great image,

How good is the microphone on the surface?

Does it record film in HD @ 30 FPS for unlimed time?
How Wide angle is the lens?
Can you zoom while filming?
What's the depth rating?

Great images, including the video, wonderful colours, you say these come right out of the box, without any additional editing?

Great image,

1) How good is the microphone on the surface?

2) Does it record film in HD @ 30 FPS for unlimed time?
3) How Wide angle is the lens?
4) Can you zoom while filming?
5) What's the depth rating?

Great images, including the video, wonderful colours, you say these come right out of the box, without any additional editing?

1)it is mono, but OK: ,

2) model TS2 (USA) records 30 fps, 720p ; FT2 25fps, 720p, max recording time is 30 minutes, after that you should press the dedicated video record button again

3) lens are 28 - 130

4) YES, optical zoom

5) it is rated 10 meters, but I am using this camera up to 15 meters deep (only freediving, max 90 seconds on this depth)

6) all videos are just sent to YouTube, all photos are imported to Picasa3, downsized and some of them are slightly sharpened

Thanks for al the great replies Primozp !

Looks very, very impressive, would love to have that camera! I would be perfect for my type of use, freediving and documentary photo and filming.
It's looks a step up from the Pentax, and a story or 5 up from a regular Olympus Mju, let allone the E60 Traveller cam I got.

The Auto White Balance seems to work really nice!
I wonder how this cam would do in the green murky waters here?
How does it work under low light?
The Audio seems very ok too, even in an overpowering Disco, and near water falling.

I like the smaller format camera's because it's much less intimidating when interviewing or recording people, providing more natural responses.

Thanks, do you think it's the best cam for the price in it's class?

Thanks for al the great replies Primozp !
I wonder how this cam would do in the green murky waters here?
How does it work under low light?

Thanks, do you think it's the best cam for the price in it's class?

All the pictures Mexico, june 2010 album and movies of Whale Sharks in Mexico were taken in green, murky waters, full of plancton, like a soup.

It is not the best under low light conditions, but much better than other cameras in this class Axwell, Gospodarsko razstavisce. (photos 0017x[xxxxx are extracted from 720p movies)

And Yes, Panasonic DMC-FT2 (TS2) is far the best camera in it's class (In last 6 years I have had all this My underwater cameras. cameras and I also tested Canon D10, Olympus 8010 and Sony TX5)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT