• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Very special dive buddy

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

landshark sa

Feb 15, 2011
This is my new dive buddy. :)

I do think he may end up having some mask leak issues but I'm positive with a bit of Vaseline we should be able to sort it out...

Dive_Buddy1.jpg
Dive_Buddy2.jpg
Dive_Buddy3.jpg

You could have adopted a puppy seal for the water part in your life. :)

You could have adopted a puppy seal for the water part in your life. :)

Not so sure about that. I have a very love / hate (mostly hate :mad:) relationship with seals. Although they are fun to watch when they are playing around we find them such a nuisance when spearfishing I'd like take Bolt (my GSD above) with to keep the marauding thieves away from me!

I'm sure Bolt will have a better training and behaviour then any seal :)

How did the mask work out?

Not that great really... It's a long story but here goes.

During a particularly enthusiastic consecration ceremony (he makes stuff holey by chewing on it) the mask was unfortunately lost to the dark side. Example of a post consecration holey shoe:

holey_shoe.jpg

Afterwards he felt very bad...

my_bad.jpg

...and said sorry...

so_sorry.jpg

But the cat was furious and gave him a smack....

ninja_cat.jpg

...which resulted in a blue eye so he had to wear sunnies to conceal it.

sunnies.jpg

Bolt took the violent retribution quite hard and decided to go talk to the ducks about the whole story. They advised him to apologize and said that a gift will make the cat feel better.

duck_counselling.jpg

He searched high...

searching_high.jpg

and low...

searching_low.jpg

It was an exhausting endeavour...

exhausting_search.jpg

... so Bolt eventually made up his mind to give him his favourite holey roadkill squirrel.

holey_roadkill_squirrel.jpg

Now they are back to being bosom buddies...

buddies.jpg

...and Bolt has decided to take up plain swimming at the local pool instead as there are no chewables involved.

swimming_at_local_pool.jpg

:D

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT