• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Video editing software

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Jonny250

Job 41:7 can you?
Sep 8, 2007
I'm not very impressed with the new windows 7 'windows live movie maker' video editing program. I liked the older version with a time-line for audio and video separately.
I just wondered what software other people use and whats any good?
i had a look at the adobe elements 8, but have heard that it crashes lots.

I've used Windows Movie maker for XP, AVS 3, AVS 4, and now I'm using Adobe Première pro CS3. I use the latest one mainly because it's very flexible, and allows White Balancing - the most useful function to have when dealing with underwater footage. Other functions I love to use are "levels" gamma correction, sharpening, anti alialising. What I also use is Adobe Audition Pro CS3, really useful for eliminating noise and making audio clear and functional.
The camera I use is really cheap and consequently I'm a heavy user of software to brush up the poor source material - Some wouldn't believe how poor the source material actually was...

But I must say that the Windos Movie maker does have a very easy title feature, but I yet have to find out how it's done in Première pro.

download some trial versions and see what works for you. Adobe indeed has a longer learning curve, but after a few days it will start to shine and you'll start to appreciate it, when you like quality and precision.

Love, Courage and Water,

Kars

Thanks Kars, do you use the adobe premier software with windows 7?

I use XP on a 2.8 GHZ P4 - 1GB DDR 400 Ram.

Great tip Magpie!

Sony vegas is a pretty easy program to use and yet very powerful if you learn it.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…