• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Video: Freediving in Greenland

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Alex Be

May 20, 2024
Hi,

i would like to share my video from my latest trip to Greenland with you

The professional german freediver Anna von Bötticher and me spent a tour in East Greenland and dived unique icebergs. An iceberg was crystal clear and gave a utopian impression underwater. At another iceberg we went into the water right next to a huge iceberg at the narrow gap that was created by the tides. It was great, almost endless visibility and a great atmosphere.

Read more in the Youtube description and watch it till the end, its not only 2:22 long!

Reactions: Lobo Marino
Fantastic video, there are few freediving videos that are at this level. I showed this one to my wife in a continuing effort encouraging her to go out diving the winter waters with me. I would be interested in what gear you find essential for the conditions, always looking for the next best thing to try out.

Thanks a lot!

She was wearing only a 5mm, not even open cell. Water temp is below zero. Sea water freeze later due the salinity. Another challenge is the outside temp, sometimes with wind chill....so, take a very cold deep breath

Ha, so she gets all the credit of being an indisputable pro and not look plumped up like a seal too!

Ha, so she gets all the credit of being an indisputable pro and not look plumped up like a seal too!
Totally! She is something else, very though and a perfect actor! Was a pleasure working with her!
I guess the seal thing was the main reason for a 5mm

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…