• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Vintage Jaguar Technisub La spirotechnique pneumatic spear gun I have never

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Mauri

Dec 31, 2010
Vintage Jaguar Technisub La spirotechnique pneumatic spear gun

I have a vintage Jaguar Technisub La spirotechnique pneumatic spear gun. I have never used it. I think my Italian father used it in Italy a long time ago. It has been wrapped in a felt bag for probably 30 years or more. It is in pristine condition as far as I can tell. It looks like something out of 2000 leagues under the sea.

What is it worth?

I will accept a good offer. I am having a mortgage crisis and need money.

Last edited:
If it is 54''s it is Model 4021 if it is 38 it is a Jaguar Cub Model 4022.
They sold for $75.00 and $60.00 for the cub.
I would post it in Goods For Sale with some images, many have frozen pistons
if salt water was not washed from the barrel. Most are used for display now.

Cheers, Don

its big and i know my dad cleaned it well. he was a surgeon and a hunter. how do i check the piston? what is the cub? thanks for your help!

I have never met a Dr that was not meticulous with his tools.
Do not cock the gun with the shaft as you do not want to score the barrel,but I'm guessing it has depressurized over the years.
You can insert a 12'' 1/4'' dia Philips screw driver into the barrel to contact the piston and using firm force push it in a few inches to see if it is frozen.
I will PM you in the AM to tell you what the last ebay one sold for.

Cheers, Don

Reactions: foxfish
Mauri, I found a quote from my friend and air gun expert, Popgun Pete.

Re: jaguar piccolo technisub speargun
The "Jaguar" is best kept as a display item, you will not find a part for it anywhere. Very unique piston seals and a spear tail retainer that operates a ball to hang onto the shaft tail. If that goes then the gun is out of action and they were not designed to last forever. My "Jaguar" has those piston problems, so it is just a wall ornament these days. They can get very scruffy looking as the white part on the centre handle discolours with too much sunlight and the plastic degrades, so best to find something else as a "user" gun.

Don, isn't the Jaguar one of the spearguns used in the James Bond films? If so, might find some interest from a Bond fan? Strong sunlight isn't much of a problem in the UK :D.

Reactions: foxfish
Don, isn't the Jaguar one of the spearguns used in the James Bond films? If so, might find some interest from a Bond fan? Strong sunlight isn't much of a problem in the UK :D.

''Throughout Thunderball many different Spearguns can be seen being used. Black pistol styles are used by the MI6 frogmen in Red. Black Nemrod spearguns amongst other makes can be seen being used by Largo's henchmen. James Bond uses a Jaguar Speargun to kill Vargas on the beach ''I think he got the point'' after impaling vargas onto a tree. A Speargun adds to any Bond display and is easily identifiable as a Thunderball prop. A Nemrod speargun is a great alternative to the far more expensive Jaguar speargun however both feature similar designs and shape and both brands did featured in Thunderball.''

They have never brought the money the Star War clones have.
If Mauri's gun is mint with perfect stickers, cordage and pump. E-bay would the place to sell it.
Cheers, Don

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT