• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Vintage ScubaPro Speargun - Modification Discussion

gear.sub

Reaction score
Hello Guys,

This is my first post on this forum.

I recently acquired a speargun from ScubaPro that I believe is more than 30 or 40 years old. I think the name of the speargun is ScubaPro Panther.
The same exact speargun is still sold by this brand called Bandito.

1) The speargun I purchased has a few things missing on it. The rubber power bands, slide ring and the rubber butt loading pad. I would like to know if the later two missing components are availiable as spare parts to be purchased online and will it be delivered internationally? If not, what can I use as an alternative?

2) Furthermore, where can I find the official specs of this speargun? I would like to know what is the min - max shaft thickness this speargun can handle. To add to that, I am also trying to find out what is the maximum rubber power band thickness and configuration it can handle.

3) I have noticed that this speargun does not have an eyehole or a provision to attach it to my buoy. This means I will have to drill a hole on it's body and tie a dyneema cord around it to which I can then tie my buoy. I would like to know where would be the ideal spot to drill this hole without compromising the structural integrity.

4) Can this speargun use a sharkfin shaft without getting stuck or damaging the muzzle on it way out after shooting? If using a sharkfin shaft, will I be able to add it to a break away rig? This is my first open muzzle speargun.

Thanks you for all the help in advance. I am attaching an image of the speargun for reference.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-08-05 at 5.33.14 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-08-05 at 5.33.14 AM.jpeg
    60.3 KB · Views: 20
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2021 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Spearfishing and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT