• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Vintage Speargun Collectors

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

#1seahunter

May 16, 2022
Old spearfisherman, New Member.
I hope this is an appropriate place to make this post.
A member has asked me to do so when I list any of my old spearguns.
I just listed a Bo-Lo Pistol eBay #195056192372 .
I have many more - Nemrod, Samson, VOIT, Champion, Paris, Tarzan, some prototypes, etc.
Please let me know the best place to post this.
Thanks for your time & patience.
Alec

Reactions: Mr. X
Bo-Lo offered a range of cast alloy hinge trigger band guns, a Hawaiian sling and a carbon dioxide expellable gas gun based on a fire extinguisher. This type of gear was brushed aside once the Arbalete type bandguns arrived from France and the American cocking stock tube guns became more widely available.
bo lo.jpg

Reactions: Mr. X
There is a later Bo-Lo speargun with an alloy tubular barrel that makes use of the existing solid alloy grip handle by inserting it into a wide vertical slot cut into the tubing rear end to form straps on either side of the grip which are affixed by two screws. This gun uses a vertical pin to hold the drilled shaft tail as it has no sear box roof, the spear tail rear abutting against an adjustable screw that provides a back stop for the shaft. Just how the gun shoots I don’t know, but possibly the top of the trigger presses the shaft off the vertical pin by pushing up, or the pin is pulled down to release the shaft. The advantage of a gun with a barrel is you can hold it out in front of you for aiming, whereas the earlier “speargun” efforts have the spear protruding rearwards of essentially what is a mid-handle. These devices don’t float after the shot being made of solid metal pieces.
Bo-Lo tube gun handle.jpg

Last edited:
I think I owned either the Sea Arrow or Sea Marskman, or something like them, when I was kid in Florida in about 1951. It was the bridge between my Hawaiian sling and my Champion arbalete. I shot my first mullet with it.

Which ebay
The auction was pulled early as with no bids the seller may have feared it was going to sell at the starting price without a competitive bidding duel driving prices up.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT