• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Visiting Florida Springs end of May 2019 - looking for freediving buddies for the springs

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

lucasloo

Mar 23, 2019
Hi there, I'm a freediver from Malaysia. Started my freediving journey in Australia and have been hooked ever since!

I'll be visiting Central and Northern Florida solely to freedive as many springs as I can in the last week of May 2019. I will be traveling alone, and it's always a bad idea to be freediving alone. Hoping to find some locals or even travelers who are keen on exploring the springs together, or even just to grab a beer with!

Cheers,

Lucas Loo

I would highly recommend that you visit the Florida Keys! Beautiful reefs full of life! I’ve never been freediving at the spring sounds like a good plan too

Thanks for your recommendation! For this trip, I'll only have 6 days in Florida so I"d like to spend as much time visiting the springs as possible. There are just so many interesting springs and spring fed creeks worth exploring! Are you based in Florida Keys? Perhaps we could freedive the springs together! I plan to rent a car and just camp out for the week by the different springs. For now, these are the springs I plan to hit:

Wekiwa Springs
Alexander
Blue/Ginnie
Ichetucknee Springs
Devils Den
Rainbow River drift dive
King /3 Sisters with manatees
Crystal waters: Manatees
Weeki Wachee Spring

Let's get connected on instagram or facebook if you're up for it!

Instagram:
lucasloozexian

Facebook:

Reactions: Native.Naiad
i've dove many of the northern fl springs. morrison is the most consistently beautiful but not that deep (50 ft or so). Walkulla springs can be freedove but its not allowed. You have to stay within a roped off area on the surface, dive down swim out about ten feet then there is a drop to about 115 ft. (35 M). This was my favorite spring to dive as there was a lot of life, clear water, and deep vertical drop

i've dove many of the northern fl springs. morrison is the most consistently beautiful but not that deep (50 ft or so). Walkulla springs can be freedove but its not allowed. You have to stay within a roped off area on the surface, dive down swim out about ten feet then there is a drop to about 115 ft. (35 M). This was my favorite spring to dive as there was a lot of life, clear water, and deep vertical drop
Thanks for the recommendations! However, Morrison and Walkulla are a bit of a distance from the ones I'm currently looking at visiting around central Florida. Perhaps another time!

Blue Springs in Deland should be on your list. One of the best for freediving. If you are going to Ginnie, go early and during the week. It gets crowded. Same for Crystal River and Ichetucknee

They won't let you in Weeke Wachee unless you are willing to pay them a fortune and then only for a short time. Call first.

Reactions: Native.Naiad
Blue Springs in Deland should be on your list. One of the best for freediving. If you are going to Ginnie, go early and during the week. It gets crowded. Same for Crystal River and Ichetucknee

They won't let you in Weeke Wachee unless you are willing to pay them a fortune and then only for a short time. Call first.
Thanks for the heads up! Someone else told me about Weeke Wachee too! Might take that out of my itinerary then.

I'm definitely doing Blue springs :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT