• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Visiting Israel at the end of May

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

roy_nexus_6

Aug 28, 2003
with total trip length of about week and a half.
Out of this week and a half I am planning to spend 3-4 days at the Dead Sea resort, then a day to visit Jerusalem .... the rest of the time, hopefully freediving. Any suggestions for freediving in the vicinity ? (I'll be staying close to Marina in Ashkelon) Because of the limited time, I am not sure if I want to drag myself all the way to Eilat to freedive in the Red Sea.

Any advice, or suggestions will be appreciated.

Freediving in the dead-sea 'ey? ;)

Never been to Ashkelon's sea, though it's probably a bit better than in Tel-Aviv. I don't know anyone who dives there, but I think there are some local spearfishers, try asking in some dive clubs. I'll ask a friend who might know people there as well.

I think that there isn't any freediving worth coming over the whole way to Israel but in the red-sea, so my suggestion is that you should get yourself to Eilat.
Eilat is probably about 3-4 hours drive from Ashkelon. Tel-Aviv is about 1 hour drive from Ashkelon, and a flight from Tel-Aviv to Eilat is 45min approx. (though I'm not sure how long are the pre/post flight arrangments). Not the cheapest way to get around, but for such a short visit it should pay iteslf if you're around TA.

DeepThought,
Thanks for the information!
I'll give you a call when I am in Ashkelon and perhaps, if our schedules allow, we could freedive together.

Take care and Shalom.

Hi Roy, hi Deep!

I'm here in Tel Aviv at the moment, and plan to go to Eilat. We are going by car for financial reasions also (have a look around on the trip).
I don't know if DeepThought had found somebody in the meanwhile, who will be there at the time, but I will be around Eilat somewhere this weekend

Jee.

Hi Jee I'm a friend of Michael's (DeepThought) anyhow I'll be interested in doing some diving this weekend as well. So we can get in touch.

Cheers.

Jee,
My trip got cancelled (long story). Hope you will have a great time in Eilat!
Say "Hello" to the Red Sea for me.

Hi Roy,

(sorry, answer is a bit late :) )
I told your "Hello" to the Red Sea down at the Missile boat wreck, and on some other places as well. Red Sea is waiting for you, said. Hopefully you get there some other time!

Anyway I will go back once again in september.

Jee

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT