• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Wanted Wanted : Rolex Comex Dive Watch

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Red Submariner

Jan 14, 2006
Looking to acquire a Rolex Comex Dive Watch, any model but preference for the older models with gas escape valve. Especially interested in watches from ex comex divers, with dive history.

Good luck ....you`ll need it!!!

Try www.longstreath.com and see if you can get anybody to part with theirs!!

Tons of fakes around!!! ... divers and watches!!!

Why Rolex??? terrible time keepers!!

Last edited by a moderator:
omega3 said:
Why Rolex??? terrible time keepers!!
James Bond wears one (in the books, not the movies) -- nuff said. I work with a guy who has 4 or 5 (he only has 2 arms though!) -- he just likes them. You are supposed to get them them serviced and re-calibrated periodically though -- costs about the same as getting a car serviced! rofl

I reckon about 70% of the guys I work with wear a Rolex, 10% a fake Rolex, 10% an Omega and 10% Casio. I`m in the Omega gang.(saying that almost everyone has a hidden/secret Casio since the expensive ones never get wet but there is no need to have a watch in the water)The younger bond wears an Omega for good timekeeping....you know synchronising watches etc. and the Rolex Bond is late or early and thats not too good when blowing up secret hideouts of Dr.x(a relative perhaps???)

100% of the 70% complain about their timekeeping and service costs. My friend just got his back...£700 and something with a new strap.

Many of the fakes have better built straps.

Not too chuffed with my Omega....it is an excellent timekeeper but the strap broke recently(a titanium pin) I took it to the jeweller and was informed "its not supposed to break there".........uh huh!!! thanks for that!!!

Another friend has just blown the face off his Omega in deco with the valve open....he`s not too happy.

The fake Rolex`s keep good time but you can`t get them wet.

And the Casio owners just laugh at everybody else....cheapskates!!!

Back to the Comex Rolex....there is a jeweller in Norway but I can`t remember if he is in Stavanger or Haugesund who is probably the best bet(he is diving related). It could be years till I see the fella who told me about him and I am sure he will be retireing soon. Stavanger I think!!! wait wait.....its Bergen. Yup definately Bergen, down by the harbour.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking to acquire a Rolex Comex Dive Watch, any model but preference for the older models with gas escape valve. Especially interested in watches from ex comex divers, with dive history.

hi

i am former project manager with comex 1983-1986 in abu dhabi.

have excellent sea dweller 1665-HEV, 600 meter dial. white comex logo, no nics or dings on case---for sale.

comex reg number on back case--2032

ROLEX-COMEX ON BACK CASE ENGRAVED STRAIGHT ACROSS

SORRY-´DESK´DIVER, NO HISTORY, BUT LOTS OF MEMORIES OF THE GULF.

NO BOX OR PAPERS SINCE WATCH HAS BEEN WITH ME 26 YEARS...LOTS OT TRAVELING.

PICTURES AVAILABLE.

ASKING STERLING 45K

BEST

RLP

Dear gtlibol,
I want your rolex comex1665.
Please answer.
Regards,
Kurando

hi

primo condition. case number 2032. gas escape valve works. dial/case perfect. if serious i have photos.

usd 65k-firm

many thanks

gtlibol

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT