• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Wanting to take the plunge!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

mishasan7

Jul 18, 2020
Hi! I'm Michelle and I live on the Gold Coast in Queensland. Am after new inspiration to be active and fit and have loved freediving my whole life but have never done a course (have always practised alone, very naughty, I don't want to do that anymore, I've got kids now!) and wondering what the freediving community is like on the Goldie. Available courses, what open water dives are like etc. Even some fitness tips to do before I do a course would be so appreciated!
Can't wait to check out all the discussions and learn a few things. :)

Reactions: Mr. X
Welcome Michele. Any interest in spearfishing, to put some fish on the family table?

I met 2 couples in Cornwall a couple of years ago, one of the women was said to be quite a diver (freediver I think) and keen to try spearfishing. I thought it interesting that the other 3, who looked quite fit, were looking to her to feed them all :D. She was up for it though. Positive attitude and drive

Hi! I'm Michelle and I live on the Gold Coast in Queensland. Am after new inspiration to be active and fit and have loved freediving my whole life but have never done a course (have always practised alone, very naughty, I don't want to do that anymore, I've got kids now!) and wondering what the freediving community is like on the Goldie. Available courses, what open water dives are like etc. Even some fitness tips to do before I do a course would be so appreciated!
Can't wait to check out all the discussions and learn a few things. :)
If your on the goldy your in luck! I have a mate who runs freediving training on the coast. But you can also travel to Brisbane to train the Brisbane freedivers.
Are you on FB?
they train at Miami aquatic centre 1800- 1915 on Wednesday nights. Goldy freediving club.

Reactions: mishasan7
FYI This forum's Conversation feature allows members to have private conversations. Useful for exchanging contact details, which we discourage on the open forum. Even then, be careful ;)

If your on the goldy your in luck! I have a mate who runs freediving training on the coast. But you can also travel to Brisbane to train the Brisbane freedivers.
Are you on FB?
they train at Miami aquatic centre 1800- 1915 on Wednesday nights. Goldy freediving club.
Fantastic! thank you! I used to train a lot at Miami so that'll be sweet.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT