• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Wants to buy monofin!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

arehelgesen

Whale trainee
Mar 21, 2008
Hi.

great deal this deeperblue site:) Have seen a lot of good offers, tips etc.
BUT, I have just started freediving and would really like to get my hands on a monofin. I do not know anything in particular about which hardness, what type of fin I need and so on, so I would be really glad if someone could help me out with those questions? My e-mail is arehelgesen@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Best regards, Are

Welcome, Are! If you wish to learn about monofins, feel free to visit the Freediving Equipment area. We have a Monofin section set aside for questions such as yours. Also, feel free to use the search function in the forums. The Deeperblue Store carries three different types of monofins, should you decide that one of them fits your needs (I'm not affiliated w/the store by the way :)).

Anyway, welcome, and enjoy your stay :)

Thanks for a warm welcome and a very informal reply! I`m really looking forward to the quest for the perfect monofin.

Best, Are

I´ve also just started(a week ago!). Think I´m going to buy a Waterway Nemo. Do a search on it and you will find lots of info!

Are you a member of Oslo fridykerklubb? I´m in Bali at the moment, and am going to start learning here. But I go back to Oslo to do some work in the spring, and I´m planning on taking a course there.

I signed up in Oslo fridykkerklubb just two weeks ago actually:)

Wow, Bali is not a bad place to start learning:) I`m really looking forward to the outdoor season here in Norway.

Thanks for the tip, I will check out the Waterway nemo. any particular reason you are choosing that?

The Waterway nemo has some very good qualities - particularly for a first fin.

Its relatively inexpensive and extremely sturdy. I have two - a soft/distance fin and a hard/sprint fin and they've held up extremely well. They really are quite well put together. The footpockets are comfortable and I've done up to 6 hours in mine.

I recommend a soft or medium fin for recreational diving. I like my hard fin but it is at its best with small amplitude/high frequency sprint style kicking. For recreational diving you are better off with a softer blade.

IMG_7027.jpg

cmono4.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, that was good info! I have wondered about which hardness to choose. I see now that I should choose soft or medium!

It seems to be very good value for money. I´ve read mostly good stuff about it on the forum, and saw it for 149 euro at some online store. Can´t remeber the name of the store now, but google it and you´ll see.

Bali isn´t really ideal, as there aren´t any courses here. But visibility should be good and the water is warm. Moving out to a place where I can both surf and dive at the same spot tomorrow. After that I can start some real diving. Only been practising in the hotel pool for a couple days so far.

Nice! I too was looking at the Waterway Nemo. Waterway seems to be a well-thought-of fin. Thanks for the info, Chris :) Hope you find your perfect monofin, Are. Remember that your idea of perfection may change as your skills improve.

Thanks Batray, Ill remember that!

I hope the surfing and diving is good Ultra-life! I tried to google the waterway nemo, but couldnt find a price on it anywhere. Ill try some more:)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT