• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Watches for Spearfishing

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Phil_goodall

Dec 4, 2002
Can anyone recommend a watch that is ideal for spearfishing. All i need is a depth and time underwater function????

Cheers

Phil

:confused:

Hi

I if you only need time and depth meter then you should take a citizen dive watch. I have one and I am happy with it.

ciao

Suunto

The Mosquito seems to be pretty popular. I have the Stinger and love it. I got it because I can wear it everyday. I keep hearing that the D3 is loaded with problems, so although it's made for freedivers, the Mosquito might be a safer bet. And, they're all in DB's shop. :D

Anderson

Casio have few models but don't remmeber now the model numbers. Their price are good around 100 dollars even here. Probably you can find em half cost in your local.

hi

A casio marine gear watch would suit you fine I have one and it simply tells the depth and time, cost me bout $270, I also wear it as a normal watch.

cheers

Originally posted by ivan
hi

A casio marine gear watch would suit you fine I have one and it simply tells the depth and time, cost me bout $270, I also wear it as a normal watch.

cheers

There is 2 or 3 model marine watch of casio. The one i liked has some puple paint on it. It has depth meter, dive time, even it may have memory to store dives ( not sure amy be the more expensive one have it).It was 95 dollars.

Ivan,

You probably have the expensive one (silver and black paint).Haven't you?

hi Murat

Err just wait going to get the watch. The face of the watch is a sky blue colour, the band is a navy blue colour. The outside ie the frame around the face is silver with four navy blue buttons and at the bottom of the watch there is a rectangular orange button for the light. Make any sense.

It cost $270 australian so not sure what that is in Cyprus. Bout half price us I think

cheers

At least you will get the watch. Last summer i wanted to buy one but local shop owner said they don't have any in the stock so i could wait the new arrivals. After 2.5 month the dealer called me and said your watch had came when i went to the shop i see that they sent me the wrong model (Forrester) whivh can use as compass and barometer.What a silly situtation. The shop owner told me that he will order my watch seperately and i can get it week later.I waited 1.5 month but it still didn't arrived so i cancelled the order and spent the money:D

hi

They sent you a watch with a compass and barometre :duh

cheers

Dive watch

Just be sure to get one that is silent or can turn off the Beep. Just as you are about to unload Beep Beep fish gone.

Anyone know of a watch that has a HR monitor, does all the depth Vs time recordings ect for use underwater?

Would be interesting to see a plot of depth Vs HR. that could help to trim your dive and make each section more efficient.

Rob

HR and Depth watch

That would be very interesting for sure! You should persue it. Perhaps sugest it to some company that could.

Originally posted by Dogmatrix
Anyone know of a watch that has a HR monitor, does all the depth Vs time recordings ect for use underwater?

Would be interesting to see a plot of depth Vs HR. that could help to trim your dive and make each section more efficient.

Rob

Ask to pro freedivers they may know.

Hey... you all know where the idea came from lads... so when you see the "new watches" coming out next year... just remember ol dogmatrix... :hmm

But yeah to me your HR has a lot to do with your ability to stay down longer... so it would seem an important factor to monitor and a great place to start on improving static and dynamic abilities certainly.;)

Rob

Originally posted by uluapoundr
The casio watch can be purchased at this site. Seems like a good deal. Other sites have the watch with a black rubber band and is a little cheaper. If you do buy this watch, let us know how it is. http://www.allwatchstore.com/details.asp?ProdID=348

I have that watch!:cool:

Works well, only problem (from my point of view) is that it times the total time underwater so if you want individual dives you have to reset it between dives. But thats pretty easy.

hi

Hey Shadow I have that watch too but never bothered to check the timing thinging. I just set mine to depth mode in feet and dive if I want to time a dive I just wait till the second hand gets to 60 then go. How have you found its accuracy I find it adds a few feet more than the depth Im actually at, ie the sounder on the boat will read 60ft and on the bottom the watch will read 64ft :hmm

cheers

Ivan,

Could it be that the sounder is bouncing off your fins and since the watch is on the wrist, it might account for the difference (assuming yu are head down)? Just guessing as I don't know how a sounder works or what it needs to make a "hit".

Adrian

I've compared the Cassio with a Sunto D3 and they both give the same reading...

Must be your sounder..:hmm

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT