• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

water inside the suit around waist: what to do?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

mariusshobo

Sep 22, 2013
I've bought last year an 5 mil open cell Sporasub SeaGreen (2 pcs, jacket + high waist pants). And I'd like it.
But after a full ski season, I'm even skinnier than before (now 1.80m with 68-70kg, narrow waist). And when I dive I have water inside the suit around waist. When I'm at surface recovering face down, I can feel the cold water shivering down my spine.

Will it be helpful to use a 3 mil neoprene vest to solve this matter? Or maybe a 5 mil vest?

Or just order a custom made suit from Eliossub?
If so, what neoprene: Heiwa, Nam Liong, Sheico or Yamamoto? I was happy with the neoprene quality from my Sporasub seaGreen, but I don't know what type are they using for suit. So I just don't know what neoprene to order from Elios.

And yes, money is a problem, otherwise I would not bother You with my questions (just buying the most expensive one)!

Any replay is welcomed.
Thanks

You could cut and reglue your pants. Cut a wedge out where the seam is (remove the same amount on both sides of the seam) and glue and sew it back up. Altering the jacket would be more tricky and I have no experience with doing that.
A tailor might be able to do it for you (you might have to supply a suitable neoprene glue though)

Reactions: John B Griffith Jr
I sometimes use a 3 mm vest under my top...it acts as a truss (I think that's the right word) for my pants and gives additional warmth to the core without being too constrictive. Alternatively, you could use a neoprene sports belt, most sporting goods stores sell them...they are like a cummerbund.
Neoprene-Waist-Support-Elastic-Belt-Sports-Gym-Basketball-Tennis-Protect-New-Arrival-UNISEX-MENS-WOMENS-.jpg

You could cut and reglue your pants.
I guess taking out material from under the jacket will make even more space for water.
Taking out material from the jacket is the solution, but I just can't mess with it. I have no experience and I will not risk to destroy the suit. Thanks

Another smart trick is to make a 5cm fold on the trousers so the opencell can seal against the inside of the jacket, lets less water inn.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT