• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Waterways Glide monofin

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

RoryK

Aug 31, 2009
Hi Guys,

Have a brand new WaterWays Glide Monofin for sale for €200 plus delivery charges. It is 290mm foot size, fits me perfectly (I'm 9-9.5UK). It is a stiffness blade 4 monofin.

It has only been worn for 30mins in the pool once, so is pretty much brand new as you can see from the pictures.

I also have an Aeris F10 for sale for €200 as well. Pictures can be sent on for this aswell.

Im based in Ireland.

Regards
Rory

Attachments

• IMG_1923.jpg
    IMG_1923.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_1924.jpg
    IMG_1924.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_1925.jpg
    IMG_1925.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 189
Reactions: Kars
Hi Rory,

How is your shoulder doing? Any improvements?

Stiffness blade 4, is that extra hard?
At the Waterways site the maximum stiffness mentioned is 3: Glide-fin

Hi Mike,

Shoulder is doing well in rehab thanks I nearly have full pain free movement in it now.

I appreciate in the catalog it only had 3 blades of stiffness for the Freedive fin but that was in 2007. From speaking to Bogdan he has expanded this to 5 different blades for the freedive fin I believe similar to the finswimming option.

I guess 4 is between a medium and a hard.

Regards
Rory

From the waterway website:
Glide-monofin

Stiffness of the Blades

Stiffness №1 1500m-marathon Very soft blade
Stiffness №2 800-1500m
Stiffness №3 400-800m
Stiffness №4 200m
Stiffness №5 50-100m Hard blade

A stiff blade is good for deep diving, but requires a good technique and strength.

Last edited:
Kars, thanks for the info.
I have not tried monofins before so this would be my first monofin. The price is excellent and the monofin is the right size for me. That is why I am interested in this monofin.
But considering the stiffness of the blade it is probable better to decline on this fin and look for a softer fin that is more suitable for a monofin beginner.

hi roryK ! i m looking to buy a monofin but i need it for dynamic apnea, and i was wondering if you could tell me what stiffness is the best for dyn?

Hi there, I'm afraid thats a very subjective question. It really depends on lots of factors, your build, your dynamic style (continuous kicking or kick and glide), if your a beginner or intermediate or experienced? This fin is generally regarded as an excellent fin used by lots of world record breakers. It is not really a monofin you would use as a starter fin, this is a fin you would move on to after you have maybe trained and are comfortable with your dynamic style after 6/8 months - 1 year. The blade on my fin is a level 4 which is for a strong kick again depending on your build you may want a softer blade.

Rory

Hi Guys,

Have a brand new WaterWays Glide Monofin for sale for €200 plus delivery charges. It is 290mm foot size, fits me perfectly (I'm 9-9.5UK). It is a stiffness blade 4 monofin.

Regards
Rory

Hello Rory

I am interesting of your monofin, can you contact me directy to my mail?

Br
Hanssjohan
Posted via Mobile Device

Hi there,

Yes the monofin is sold sorry.

Regards
Rory

Yes, and here the lucky new owner :D

One video from my training last sunday.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by a moderator:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT