• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

wats up? im jay

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Jay S

peashooter
Jun 8, 2005
this is a pretty cool forum site ay!!

thought i might say gday and are there ne other nzers out there??? :wave

Jay S said:
this is a pretty cool forum site ay!!

thought i might say gday and are there ne other nzers out there??? :wave

hey there jay.... i believe there are a few :)

welcome anyway... nowhere near you but will definitely make it down there someday (to NZ) rofl

cheers bro im only new to the spearo scene but i reckon im hooked already rofl
i just gotta learn how to hold my breath like some of these other crazies :duh

I second that thought. I still need to learn how to hold my breath as well. . . although after discovering this site and starting some apnea training I have increased my breath hold from BARELY 2 min. to almost 4 in just a couple of weeks and practice apnea with a max of over 3 min every other day. It isn't that hard it is just practicing.(the trick to everything eh?) (that is dry statics though and when I get in the water everything goes to pot anyway)

Anyway GOOD LUCK

wats up with this apnea training is that just holding your breath a you excersize??

well there is a little program that you can download on this forum somewhere that does all the stuff for you. And apnea training from what I understand is just holding your breath. But the apnoe trainer that I downloaded from here has a format for holding your breath while sitting or laying on a bed or something. It starts out with an Intro which is just to get your heart rate and and the rest of your body to slow down. Then it has a starting breathold that you set. then at the end of that there is a resting period. then the next breath hold is slightly longer and then the rest is slightly longer than previous. and so on and so forth. It goes for about 8 cycles. It has REALLY helped me.

Hope this helps (probably clear as mud with the way I explain stuff)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT