• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Weapon of Choice

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Brian Hamilton

Subsea Sniper
Jun 15, 2003
I am thinking of buying a speargun and am looking for advice on the best type.

I believe a 90cm gun would be best for the Scottish waters I will be fishing in.

I have looked at the Sporasub Viper comp, Imersion Initiation, Cressi Comanche and Practisub Rayo X-Act, all on the Scuba Store website.

Any advice on the best gun from this list would be greatly appreciated. Would I need to buy any accesories to go with the gun I get?

I am very new to spearfishing so any advice owuld be of great benefit.

Thanks

Reactions: ivan
hi

Brian check out the Ra railgun there should be threads about them if you go to the search function. Lots of us here use them they are a top gun and more durable then the guns you mentioned.

cheers

You will prob want two guns a 75cm and a 90cm poss even a smaller gun as well ,thats what I use in the UK whats the viz like where your diving and what fish are you after??

Matt :)

In UK your best bet would probably be either a Cressi Comanche cabon (THe one with the rail). Normal comanches are bloody good as well depending on your budget.

Sporasub vipers are good but the sporasub reels are crap. The only other reel you could user, due to the rail, would be an Omer pelagic 100 reel which would not suit you (unless you are hunting "Killer Bass")

Metalsub have a very good railgun as well which is also a good option.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT