• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Weight mould

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Andy Rowland

May 5, 2017
Hi guys ,
I have read lots of old threads on here about moulds for lead weights but most have dead links and are very out of date.
I am a plumber and have loads of lead I've collected for making weights for belts.
Are there any up to date links for moulds(apart from the thin crappy ones on eBay) or drawings with dimensions as I have a mate that can machine the mould from ally if I get the correct dimensions?
Thanks in advance
Andy

Hi Andy,
Good to read somebody is keen to make good dive weights. Many spearos prefer the single-slot Rob Allen D weights or the Old Man Dave bullet weights, as they allow quite fine adjustment, provide a good close fit (esp. on the preferred rubber Marseille buckled belt) and a hydro-dynamically efficient profile. They can also be tapped to lock them in place on the belt.

The chap who used to make and sell moulds - I think he was in Canada - on ebay posted to this forum (DeeperBlue.com) several times, he had a rather odd user id here and on ebay, so I cannot recall it (I think it started "lj"?). His first spearo-specific mould was called the "Alton" (I think named after "Alan" and "Tony", something like that, 2 people who asked him to make a freediving weight mould) but I recall that he further developed the idea and produced several improvements, variants and alternatives later.

I think this might be the same chap: https://forums.deeperblue.com/threads/for-sale-weight-molds.85204/
logicdesign@rogers.com /
lpojibwa (I think this was his ebay name too. I wondered if it might be a Native American word/name?)

Are you making them in the UK or Oz?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sop=2&_nkw=diving+weight+mould

2260d1392131052t-very-good-quality-lead-weight-mold-where-can-i-get-one-weight-mold-jpg

20141230_215152_480x480.jpg

groupedmansfielddiveweightmould.jpg

https://www.marine-deals.co.nz/diving-weight-belt/mansfield-dive-weight-mould

Hi Mr X,
Thanks for that. I'll be making them in the uk and sending most of them to Aus in my shipping crate. I don't think they would let me take shed loads of old water pipe full of contamination. Much better to ship finished weights or al least lead ingots ready to melt and pour.
Cheers
Andy

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT