• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Weights for Dynamic with Monofin

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

O'Boy

Aug 27, 2002
O.K. It is obvious that neutral buoyancy is one of the most important things for Dynamic Apnoe. Even with no suit you may need 1-3 kg (E.Fattah).
I'm using a monofin and thus there appeared a problem where to place those needed weights. It seems that the only place not effecting an undulation is a neck (or arms).
Even though I've heard of those 'neck weights' used for Constant Ballast, I can't imagine using them beeing horizontal in pool. That would deffinitely influence body's center of gravity.

Has anybody of you some advices to this topic?

Where can I buy those neck weights? Couldn't find them in Deeperblue Shop.

Thanks.

We use a locally made set of ankle weights that drysuit divers use on their feet. They have small, rectangular .5 lb weights covered in rubber. Put some or all of the weights on one "belt" that fits around your neck.
You could also do some alterations on any sort of ankle weight available.
By the way, I wore a 4 lb neck weight and a 10 lb belt on my waist to do my best dynamics, with a monofin and hands by my side, at a depth of approximately 1 metre. A deeper pool would require less weight, but with full packing this is a neutrally bouyant weight for me.......kick and glid, kick and glide :)
Check the online stores for ankle weights; you should be able to find something.
Cheers,
Erik Y.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT