• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

We're back!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Wlecome home Ali & Colin - very glad to see you are still with us.

MBE for Colin, I say!

Hi Alison,

Glad to hear from you. I was also out that way but left beofre the wave (see the "Guess Who" thread).

I echo Erik's advice 100%. My wife works for the German Air Traffic Control authority and one of the first things that she said when she saw what had happened and then again when I told her about you and Colin being alive and hurt was "They are all going to need some serious CISM counseling (Critical Incident Stress management) after all that they went through." CISM is part of what her particular department is responsible for. It is not "just for the weak-os out there" as some would believe. ANYONE who has been through an incident of such magnitude can benefit.

I hope that you both get well soon!!! Hat's off to Colin for the quick thinking and the "tie job!"

All the best,
Bret

you were there Ali?? for honeymoon... How did i miss this info :duh :duh

So you mean boat jump in to your bunglowe??? How that happened? Were they evacuating tourists in the area? or it was initial burst of tsunami?

Thats really bad luck but anyway i am glad you and Colin made it :cool:

bdurrett said:
"They are all going to need some serious CISM counseling (Critical Incident Stress management) after all that they went through." CISM is part of what her particular department is responsible for. It is not "just for the weak-os out there" as some would believe. ANYONE who has been through an incident of such magnitude can benefit.

hi Alison

i agree with Brett and Erik. In South Africa we used have frequent car hijacking. About 10 years back, a member of my family and his wife/children were hijacked on their way to Mozambique, on a diving holiday. There were held at gunpoint by 14 year olds, holding AK-47s.

The children were only young, about 8 and 10 years old. They took everything, all their gear, the 4x4, jewellery, money, the works. They left them at the roadside, in the middle of Africa somewhere, no shoes, no phone, no money, no nothing. And they were off the highway.
Luckily they decided not to harm them physically. However, it was really frightening, and the father felt totally helpless in the protection of his family.

The parents and the kids went to "hijack counselling". Apparently it was very beneficial, and helped to deal a lot with their very frightening ordeal.

Good luck Alison... wish you both Godspeed to recovery.

Reactions: Alison
God must really love you. Next time I go on holiday, can I please take Colin with me?

Alison and Colin, So glad to hear from you! And happier still that you're ok... so to speak anyway... Get well soon!

Here's a huge pat on the back to Colin!

All the best during your recovery,
Aaron

Man I'm relieved to see this thread, and with Alison as the starter!

Good to know youre ok, and the sense of humour is intact! :friday

Sending lots of healing vibes your way! Get back in the water soon, you'll feel tons better once you do! :)

The sense of humour will never die, though sometimes I feel a big part of me has, I'm a bit up and down unlike himself who seems to be still dragging me forward with his one servicable arm. He's doing fine, think he'll be jogging before I can wear a hat. Do you think those healing vibes can be directed at stopping me chucking up every ten minutes? Now that would be a small blessing :)
I cant thank you guy's enough for your well wishes, it really makes us both smile, thank you (except for Sarah and Gavin who dived bombed off the jetty! :p)

Bit late... but just got back in line and wanted to wish you the best recuperation. I hope you get back on shape soon and I'm glad you keep your abundant and spicy sense of humor... :)

Sara... bombing from the jetty :naughty

Hey Pablo :D Nice to see you back :)
We're doing fine, I'm going home tomorrow night :friday on my own though :(
Got to keep laughing Pablo, I would just curl up and die otherwise :(

Pablo, macho, donde estaba? Tanto tiempo sin oirle. Estemos preocupados.

Pablo said:
Sara... bombing from the jetty :naughty

yeah it was something like this....

Attachments

• pic06334.jpg
    pic06334.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 153
On my memories you are more graceful (ussing her own words!!!) :confused:

Last edited:
Pablo said:
On my memories you are more graceful (ussing her own words!!!) :confused:

Pablo,

I can personally guarantee that Sands is MUCH more graceful than that... ;)and there are pictures here somewhere on DB to prove it! :D

Bret

bdurrett said:
I can personally guarantee that Sands is MUCH more graceful than that... ;)and there are pictures here somewhere on DB to prove it! :D

Yes there's one just above rofl

What did you do with the tiller? !! I ask you!! HUH!!

:p

Alison said:
Yes there's one just above rofl

What did you do with the tiller? !! I ask you!! HUH!!

:p

I REALLY REALLY hope that you are talkin' about the little tiny one in the wetsuit..... Otherwise, I fear there will be a :blackeye in your future! rofl

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT