• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Wet Suit Lube!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

No dishsoap

Nov 22, 2006
Suit Juice is the #1 alternative wetsuit/drysuit lubricant to olive oils, PAM, dish soap and shaving cream.

SUIT JUICE IS ENVIRONMENTALLY SAFE!

• Biodegradable
  • Phosphate, talc, and methonal free
  • dispersable in oil and water
  • odorless
  • contains no animal byproducts
Eliminate the annoying struggles to get exit and enter into your wetsuit. It also prevents chafing.

Order Suit Juice online today: www.suitjuice.com

I am happy for you that created such a neat product, but I must ask a very important question.

At $8 plus shipping for 8 ounces, ......why would I buy your product if I can buy for $1 a 24 ounce bottle of hypoallagenic hair conditioner which I can then dillute with water to about one gallon of suit lube?

Looking forward to your reply since maybe there is something I am not aware of.

:)

It is true that vegetable sprays, shampoos & dish soap are cheap alternatives to specialized lubrication formulas. However, be very wary of the oily ingredients that these products contain and the repercussions that persist to your costly suit, latex, skin, and rubber bindings. All of these items are damaged by acid, petroleum and alcohol. Alcohol is the second ingredient in most vegetable spray, and shaving foam products. Any oils and bacterium living on the surface will excrete waste products like uric acids, (urine) and perspiration. These waste products within an oily suit will be retained by the Alcohol. Once the oils, waste and alcohol mix, it creates acid that will begin to deteriorate latex, rubber, and neoprene not to mention the affect it has on your skin. These acids can also cause athletes foot, rashes, odor, and many other skin irritations. In essence, ALL North Shore products prevent this chemical chaos from occurring.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT