• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Wetsuit fit tips - how to try (buying online)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Michael-AT

Sep 28, 2020
First time wetsuit buyer here, with a probably simple question: When buying a wetsuit online, is it possible to test it 'dry'? For actual use I always read the recommendation to use a conditioner or some kind of lube to get in an open cell wetsuit, but I guess that is not an option in a try&return scenario.

What is your experience here? Do you use some water? And how to evaluate the fit in a (mostly) dry test?

Years ago many people used talcum powder rather than conditioner or soap, and one suit maker had me use it when I picked up a custom suit and tried it on. It doesn't work as well, but it might get you into the suit. But I don't know whether that would be acceptable to the suit maker if you returned it.

We would recommend that you use a proper suit lubricant. If the suit does not fit, wash completely and dry before returning the suit. Trying to do it dry makes it much more likely that you will get a tear or damage the suit and it won't really feel right anyway without lube.

Ok thanks both for your replies! Thinking about it twice it would make most sense to contact the online vendor and as how to approach it right.

I'm wondering how it works with physical stores - it's basically the same problem. Do they have "test suits" to try? And how to handle lubricant/water in the store...? Strange hobby we have :ROFLMAO:

Ok thanks both for your replies! Thinking about it twice it would make most sense to contact the online vendor and as how to approach it right.

I'm wondering how it works with physical stores - it's basically the same problem. Do they have "test suits" to try? And how to handle lubricant/water in the store...? Strange hobby we have :ROFLMAO:
When I bought in-store suits in the past, I tried them on inside out, as long as it was lined on the outside with the nylon. It's not super easy, but gives a good indication of fitment. The best is to be able to use lubricant and try it on as it should be worn.

The other route is to buy a custom made suit. Then there's no guessing on what general size may or may not fit.

i have been used life vest in dubai . A very good experience with this life vest, love it.
  • Water Sport Ski Jacket (L) - 70 - 90 Kg
  • Material outside : Polyamide fabric
  • Material Inner : Polyethylene foam
  • Weight capacity : 70 - 90 Kg.
  • With Belts

i have been used life vest in dubai . A very good experience with this life vest, love it.
  • Water Sport Ski Jacket (L) - 70 - 90 Kg
  • Material outside : Polyamide fabric
  • Material Inner : Polyethylene foam
  • Weight capacity : 70 - 90 Kg.
  • With Belts
i also use this life vest in Dubai.
  • 150N Ski Life Jacket - RSY-150-M / RSY-150-L
  • Description:
    • Buoyancy: ≥ 150N
    • Fabric Material: Neoprene Composite Fabric
    • Twin waist adjusters.
    • Over 24-hour float duration (Buoyancy loss after 24 hours - <5%)
    • Certificate: EN ISO12402-3
    Medium Size:
    • Weight: 60kg - 70kg
    • Chest circumference: 85cm – 105cm
    Large Size:
    • Weight: 70kg – 90kg
    • Chest circumference: 95cm – 115cm

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT