• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Wetsuits

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Punkin

Jul 31, 2001
I'm looking to buy my first wetsuit, and am lost due to the amount of choice there is! Previously i have dived with and old set of 3mm longjohns and jacket. I find i get can get cold in this even in relatively warm waters! I am therefore looking for a modestly priced 5mm or 5/3mm fullsuit, shortie(if warm) or combination. the other factor is that i want to be able to windsurf in the same suit, so it has to be durable and flexible enough for this!
has anyone got any suggestions? any advice on where to look and possible makes adn styles would be greatly appreciated!
Thankx

Hi Punkin,

Combining windsurfing and freediving is a tall order. The suit that I use for windsurfing is an O'neill "Oasis" 4/3, and it is really warm, however even with a 7mm hooded vest over it it gets pretty cold in Janaury doing freediving in it. The extra room in the shoulders is a liability for freediving. A really inexpensive middle ground might be to get an old 5/4 wet suit and remove the zipper and sew it up, then seal it with neoprene glue. It won't be great for either activity, but it will work. I dive in a 7mm Picasso Commerecial, but it would be too hot to sail in even in the worst gails of the winter. Good luck, let us know what you decide, it is a hard question.

Best wishes,

Freediver48

To try and give you some directions - what water temperatures will you be in - how much windsurf - how much diving - The main problem is that the difference in the two sports makes it difficult to have one suit

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT