• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

What are you all cooking for Christmas?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

island_sands

Erection Supervisor ;)
Supporter
Jan 19, 2001
Unfortunately I don't have the luxury of cooking my own Christmas dinner this year... but please post all your recipes for duck, turkey, sauces, venison... anyone cooking something extraordinary this year?

I'm Cooking Bear, a big honk'n BEAR steak!

then I will drag my hairy pale ass outside and howl at the moon....

I think Papa John's has a pizza special for x-mas :p otherwise Mac D's and some green and red M&M's for the holiday spirit ;)

LOL Amphibious.. mine isn't much browner... dont get time to enjoy this beautiful sunshine nowadays!!

thoughtcha might be cookin' bear... :) send photos! (not of the white hairy @ss though :) )

Attachments

• xmas.JPG
    xmas.JPG
    10.7 KB · Views: 240
Last edited:
island_sands said:
LOL Amphibious.. mine isn't much browner... dont get time to enjoy this beautiful sunshine nowadays!!

thoughtcha might be cookin' bear... :) send photos! (not of the white hairy @ss though :) )

I won't post them, but maybe I can PM you some :chatup

LOL! no thanks... i work with enough hairy @ss builders to last me a lifetime!

Builder? but I'm and EMT/Dive Instructor - you have any Hairy ass EMT Pics? make a great Xmas present :D

island_sands said:
Unfortunately I don't have the luxury of cooking my own Christmas dinner this year... but please post all your recipes for duck, turkey, sauces, venison... anyone cooking something extraordinary this year?
Great question..'cause I have an answer. I try to get some hunting in just before christmas. I'm known in our family as the one who provides the "mystery meat". Kinda turn christmas into a wild game feed of sorts. Some of the family, cousins, nieces, nephews, and in-laws get a real kick outta it and enjoy the tastes but some (mostly democrats :duh ) can't quite get into it. No variety, just different critters each year. I'm thinkin' rabbit or pigeon this year. And all my game gets cooked the same way to keep the flavor.. slow cooker, low heat, 6 hrs, only add 1/4 cup water, some salt, pepper, and a sprinkling of garlic powder. Pigeons may get baked or broiled but they over cook so easy.

A big @ss turkey deep fried in boiling Peanut oil.
Potato stuffing, cranberry sauce, and a looooong sleep as the tryptophan kicks in!

In honor of our impending move to Florida, My M-I-L is having us to her house for an all seafood x-mas dinner consisting of a couple varieties of shrimp, live maine lobster, cod, hake? and some other local fare from Maine (where she is from).

Personally, I would prefer to dive for my own lobster in key West, but not sure when the season is. lol

Normally, our family has a seafood Tray or trays at this time of year. I'm told that we;ll be having meat and cheese trays this year.

Happy holidays to one and all this year!

rigdvr said:
rotissery shark :hmm

hahahahahahahaha... don't forget the newborn grey whale saliva sauce as a basting. Perhaps we could throw on a couple of live lobsters and watch them dance on the griddle while playing "Smoke gets in your Eyes".

happy holidays mustangmermaid.. welcome to DB :)

Amphibious said:
Mmmmm Lobster.....Mmmmm....
i had lobster sashimi in Taiwan... mmmm it was good... when they brought it in the lobster shell the feelers on the head of the lobster were still moving.. that is fresh!

Sounds good to me...I had some this evening with crab legs and a psecial "wasabi" sauce...very hot and spicy. the tails were boiled and then dressed witha light coating of butter...Nothing to complain about! Thanks for the nice welcome Island_sands

We still haven't quite figured out what to eat yet, beef or big bird. We are VERY HAPPY though that we were able to get a tree and some decorations :D

... I would still love to have seen the look on the air cargo handlers face as he stuffed a XMas tree from Denmark into the cargo hold of that Qatar Airways flight bound for our little place in the sand!!!!!

My son the student chef always does Christmas Eve and my sister does Christmas dinner. This year he's going to do a pair of guinea fowl on the rotisserie, brined overnight in sugared saltwater and bourbon whiskey. Being a family of Paisani, there will be pasta before, possibly in a new Dungeoness Crab sauce we found in Sunset magazine. It reminds me of my great-aunt Maryanne's recipe that has been legend in the family for generations. (he typed, drooling all over the keyboard)

Last edited:
Hey, Alaska Air flies direct from Seattle to Long Beach and that's about 5 minutes from the house. I think they also fly from Vancouver, but I'm not sure. The only problem will be gettin your chair/crutches past the terrier . . .

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT