• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

what could it be

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

levy

Sep 3, 2008
While fishing the other day I shot a bunch of big parrot fish, a big uku and few decent grouper. On one of my dives I heard some unusually loud noises felt an ever so slight tug on my belt (stringer attached to my hip) and then saw what appeared to be a few very large dogtooth tuna zooming past me very close but very fast. I didn't think much of it (besides regretful I wasn't able to shoot one) and continued spearfishing. Once back on the shore I was checking out my stringer I noticed that among the parrot fish I shot there was a parrot fish with only the head and it had clearly been devoured. Given that this was about a 8-10lb parrot fish I was astonished I hadn't noticed it more being stolen from me. Is it possible for a dogtooth to do that? If not what looks similar but more likely?

I haven't seen any out there at all. If it was, it coulda taken a nice bite out of the fish you had. Where were you fishing?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT