• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

What Country would you like to see win the 2004 Olympics?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Strplyr

Jul 16, 2004
Hey,

Just thought I would get the members opinion here on who they would like to see win the 2004 Olympics this year?

I would like to see U.S.A. win. ;)

Thanks!

well china may have some thing to say about that!:D

but the Iraq win some thing for the footy:D

I shall reveal something here, as food for thought.

Readers of Deeper Blue know me well by know.

I have never, in my 53 years of existence on this planet, had the slightest interest in the Olympics.

Why do you suppose that is ?

Im not sure you could really say any country can win the Olympics...

In the end its population thats one of the largest factors. Not mention that some countries have never heard of synchronised swimming or dressage.

If you divide the countries medal hauls by their populations the United states comes about 40th...

Thanks to the "Dream" for those figures, the best Olympics show on TV...:D

Go Liechtenstein! :D

Originally posted by Paul Kotik

I have never, in my 53 years of existence on this planet, had the slightest interest in the Olympics.

Why do you suppose that is ?

No freediving? :D

Adrian

Originally posted by Adrian
No freediving? :D

Well if that were to be the reason, i'd still watch it. There are more sports that I like to watch, but I know that I can not play. :ko

hi

Well the interest I have for the Olympics is o see te swimming techiques-- very similar to what do we doing unassisted

Why we don't have here a seccion for swimming -

they will be the next "Candidatos" for freediving

what do you think?

I personally love to see medals spread around the globe as freely as possible. Heck, the UAE won doubles trap. How much cooler can it get? On the other hand, every time NBC talks about another country's athlete, it inevitably comes up that they train in the US. Does that make us any kind of good guy? Probably not.

Back from Africa, with tales.

Adrian, I think you've hit on it !

After the revolution, it will be ONLY freediving, and all the others can apply for inclusion and be considered, each on it's merits.....all in good time.

Originally posted by Paul Kotik
Adrian, I think you've hit on it !

After the revolution, it will be ONLY freediving, and all the others can apply for inclusion and be considered, each on it's merits.....all in good time.

Revolution!!!!

What revolution

Watch out for the Tanks are coming:blackeye

compressed air is GOOD:cool:

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT