• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

What directions would take freediving development from now?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

jac_r

Jul 26, 2015
I have read in many articles of the "lost secrets" of ancients free divers who could hold their breath for very long, without a specific breathing technique, to collect sponges, pearls or others. The same theory of possibly unknown factors of breath hold capacity exist about sea-gypsies.

In a way, I wouldn't be surprised that much progress and discoveries are ahead of us in freediving, the introduction of meditation by Jacques Mayol was a fantastic leap forward, there is potentially other leaps that will reveal our full capacity.

Thinking out of the box, what do you think could be the other directions we could explore, or do better, to radically expand our free diving abilities?

I'm not sure there are any "lost" secrets of freediving. Elite freedivers of today do in fact "hold their breath for a very long time"- world record is 11+ minutes. I'm sure todays freedivers could keep up with the "ancients" - probably teach them a thing or two.

Eric Fattah might have a good answer for this question. Goran Colak was using techniques he developed when he did his 12 minute 10 second national record (and unofficial clean world record). Eric has always been ahead of most of us in free thinking.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT