• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

What speargun to buy. My budget is 150eu

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Teorg

Jul 28, 2023
Hello I’m thinking to buy new speargun. I have looking cressi Cherokee exo 75 and picasso speargun railgun magnum rail light green camo. What would you recommend me to buy (budget 150eu).Thanks

For what purpose? Where will it be used?

I’m fishing on shallow and from a short distance medium fish. I’m small but strong and I pull without a problem 16mm band

Shorter guns and lower diameter bands are generally easier, often much easier, to load. Single bands are quicker to load than 2 or 3 bands.

Around 70cm-110cm will probably work for you. 75-100cm perhaps better. If I was getting just one speargun, I might get an 80cm-ish length speargun. For you, I would suggest either 1*16mm or 2*14mm - be kind to yourself!
By all means look at future upgrade possibilities though. ;)
E.g.
My first speargun was a Rob Allen Sparid with a single, powerful 16mm bulk rubber-band, which could be upgraded to a bigger band or two band ( double muzzle and spear had 2 notches notches). I tried a single 20mm band for some time but went back to single bulk rubber 16mm eventually - quite enough for the UK fish I encountered :) and considerably easier and less bruising to load. :)

I now have several other spearguns. My favorites are old carbon Omer XXVs 75 & 90cm for UK waters (sea). I generally used 18mm stock screw-in bands they came with, then converted them to 19mm/ 3/4" bulk rubber. But in recent years I have been gradually moving back to bulk single 16mm bands.

More recently I bought a couple of Apnea spearguns to try out, An ST 60 or 65? (too short for general use ;) ). 2x14mm bands (to make up for shortness). The other one is a 90/95cm rollergun. Not sure what rubber that has - but I wouldn't recommend a roller to start with. Both Apnea spearguns have reverse trigger mechd, which adds about 5cm of effective barrel length. But the line releases seem a bit too small to me, compared to my Omers. Slows down loading a bit.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT