• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

What we go diving for

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

cdavis

Jan 21, 2003
Perfection is something rarely experienced but continuously sought. I find mine in Bahama free diving. We go once or twice a year for a week or three in my 25 ft Seacraft power boat. The boat can take us to places where there are few or no people, cook and sleep on the boat, dive all day. Always looking for those unique and wonderful places that are so hard to find these days. Its all good, but sometimes perfection appears. This year we had a touch.

Picture this: 52 ft of water, 100+ ft visibility, no current, water so warm no wetsuit is needed, healthy, beautiful coral heads on the bottom, 10-15 ft high. Good fish all around. A shark or two off in the distance. Dinner is already in the boat, so there is no tension from the need to eat and no schedule we need to meet. I’ve really gotten into it, long, relaxed, easy dives, long hangs on the bottom with the fish coming up in my face. Some dives are long drifts, flying in mid water. Others straight down, bombing on the fish. Can’t resist setting up a few shots just to see if I can do it (I’m spearo background, can’t help it), but with no intention of actually putting a fish in the boat.

The moment doesn’t last long, but its just absolutely perfect.

Reactions: SRBastos
It sounds great. I wish the Bahamas were closer to California.

Hi Bill,

You do realize that Ft Lauderdale(airport is 5 minutes from the boat ramp) is an easy flight from LA? Would not be too hard to get here. Of course, we don't have those white seabass.

How far from shelter are you? A 25 foot boat is pretty small if there is a storm in the open ocean.

Not far, on this trip, Bimini or Cat Cay were always within an hours run or less. Over the years, we have had brushes with lots of tropical storms/hurricanes. Location of good hurricane holes are always part of my planning. I've had tropical storms develop right on top of us, but the boat is extremely seaworthy, safe in much worse weather that I will willingly go through(don't ask me how I know that), and running to shelter is not much problem.

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT