• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Whats a samba?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

jcondon

Jun 13, 2005
What is a samba? I see that term used a lot here but cant find a definition for it. Thanks for your help?

-James

Same as a BO, hold their aways clear of the water, take their mask off and talk gently to them, using their name is important too - the 2 times I've samba'd I came out of it very quickly. In fact both times I knew it was happening and couldn't control it - very odd feeling! The second time was all on video as it was a comp dive which is where my infamous 'bugger' came from!

Maybe someone can relate the story better than me, but from what I remember, there was this freediving competition in Europe and a reporter wrote that the athletes were flailing around like they were doing the samba dance during their recovery breaths. That’s were the word samba :ko came into freediving.
don

jcondon said:
What is a samba? I see that term used a lot here but cant find a definition for it.
James

Nobody really seems to know as far as competitions and rules go. When they get it nailed down to an objective description, somebody let me know too?
;)
Cheers,
Erik Y.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT