• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

What's happened to Pelaj?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Shire_Dan

Feb 18, 2015
Hi everyone,
New here, I had a look and didn't find a thread on this.

Does anyone know what has happened to the company Pelaj? The website is down.

I recently purchased an 1100 Pelaj Nemesis Railgun (stupidly taking the shop attendants word and not checking reviews online), and the mechanism no longer holds two bands but fires as soon as it's loaded despite being locked.
It seems they've packed up and gone elsewhere, so I can't contact them about it

Any help would be great!

I would suggest Going to freediveshop and order a rob allen vecta 2 trigger mech and youll be good to go.

Or consider a meandros reverse trigger mech from spearamerica for the same rob allen speargun.
I have made a video and there are others showing how to install it in your handle.

Sorry i dont think the company exists any more. The best thing you can do is replace the trigger mech and forget about it, luckilly the frame and gun is still very usable. Trigger replacment Takes about 1 minuet to do for the stock mech, and about 15 for the meandros install.

Company supposedly died a few years back, but before they did there was a replacement of those faulty mechs. That's something the dealer should be very well aware off.

So, though outing people online is something we need to be careful about - I think you have a right to tell your dealer that if he doesn't make things right with you, you just happen to be a member on a very active spearo/freediving board and even though you would hate to have to talk about your experiences with his particular shop, you would do it as a service to others.
He should at the very least give you a very good offer on a replacement handle from another manufacturer or if he can find a later Pelaj, that would do as well.

I found this online somewhere a few years ago when looking into Pelajs - shows that someone mounted a Cressi handle on his/hers. Don't know if a Cressi is as sturdy as a SA (style) handle though.

Pelaj_Cressi.jpeg

Last edited:
BTW, I have a friend who might be buying a second hand Pelaj too, so does anyone here know if there's any way to check if the gun has the new or old mech?

You can pretty much rest assured that hes getting an old(er) mech with that, if hes getting it cheap, tell him to drop a meandros reverse mech into it and hell never have to worry about it.

You can pretty much rest assured that hes getting an old(er) mech with that, if hes getting it cheap, tell him to drop a meandros reverse mech into it and hell never have to worry about it.
It was original a gun I was thinking of buying a few years ago, but ended up with pneumatics. The seller didn't know and said he hadn't used it enough to notice any issues. That's the problem, really.
With luck, it's a later gun with a good mech, or problems might just turn up for my friend after a few days. He kinda needs a gun now and is in the country where the gun is.

For a 150USD, it's not dirt cheap, but I guess not expensive either. I checked the price of a Vecta 2, they look to be about 130 USD, which is quiet a bit, I have to say.
The Meandros mech for Rob Allen looks like 75 USD - is it an easy fit in a Pelaj handle too?

It was original a gun I was thinking of buying a few years ago, but ended up with pneumatics. The seller didn't know and said he hadn't used it enough to notice any issues. That's the problem, really.
With luck, it's a later gun with a good mech, or problems might just turn up for my friend after a few days. He kinda needs a gun now and is in the country where the gun is.

For a 150USD, it's not dirt cheap, but I guess not expensive either. I checked the price of a Vecta 2, they look to be about 130 USD, which is quiet a bit, I have to say.
The Meandros mech for Rob Allen looks like 75 USD - is it an easy fit in a Pelaj handle too?

Ah, I see that you said a Meandros can go in with 15 mins of work - and that's into a 1st gen Pelaj handle, right?

Actually, there is a chance it might be a little different after all. Ive been studying it a bit more and there might be clearance issues.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT