• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Whats your height?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Whats your height?

• Lower

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1.50-1.55

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • 1.55-1.60

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • 1.60-1.65

• 1.65-1.70

• 1.70-1.75

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • 1.75-1.80

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • 1.80-1.85

Votes: 22 31.0%
  • 1.85-1.90

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • 1.90-1.95

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • 1.95-2.00

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • 2.05-2.10

• 2.10-2.15

• 2.15-2.20

• Higher

• Total voters
Hmm didnt think of that... Choose one, or measure the millimeters for the correct height..

Im 1.84... But I dont think im fully grown yet.. Im 17 so im probably 2 cm under my fully grown height..

...1,75m...
...hey...maby we should have a handicap-system like that in golf...relative to hight..30meters is a lot longer/deeper for someone 1,50m than for someone 2,10m..:duh ..just kiding...

Johan

I think there should be a poll on what the next poll should be! ;)

This is a interesting however. Of the seven freedivers I know of in my area, all are taller than me. I am 180 cm. I had this idea that the average freediver is a tall, thinly built male.

Looking at the poll though, it seems to have adopted that familiar statistical curve I can't put a name on... umm, so I guess the average freediver has a pretty much average height. Maybe a good thing? I think so! It does make us harder to single out from the general non-diving population.

On a more serious note - I think we should try and use that to our advantage somehow. For one thing, it should make infiltration easier. If nothing looks amiss, then half the battle is already won. Although much remains to be done and progress is sometimes temporarily halted, the ultimate goal must always be maintained. Remember, time is our ally. And yes, I know, it probably won't happen in our lifetime, but if we play our cards right, then maybe, just maybe... our future generation - The Homo Delphinus, will finally rule over the genetically flawed Sapiens. We just need to bide our time. They will see. One day...

PS. Those wishing to study the latest intelligence-data, can do so at their leisure here: Federation of Dolphins Data Center

Last edited:
hi

Remember that Martin Stepanek is only 178cm and 74kg last time I checked his website.

cheers

Height matters a lot in swimming. so if somebody's interested in constant weight no fins then height, build, hand size and foot size should play a role i imagine.

hi

Height matters a lot in swimming. so if somebody's interested in constant weight no fins then height, build, hand size and foot size should play a role i imagine.

well in my opinion maybe height for swimming is ok- but the height for constant weight not fins I do not think the height is the most important and it play an important rule

there is a lot of tehcniques that the person that do constant not fins have need know to do a better perfome- and it has nothing to do with height -

David lee can anwser this question better

where are you are david?

Saludos

Daniel...

hi

Roberto mi amigo are you 1.90 meters?

wow ...you are very tall mi friend

I thought you where mas pequeno jaja

saludos

Neshamah, I know it’s difficult to understand if you haven’t really thought about it. Let me explain this way: In constant weight if you have short fins you can go less deep than if you have long fins.
Agree so far? Good. So, continuing the same line of thinking, if you don’t wear fins its better if you have big feet than small feet.
See what I mean? Also, its better if you have long limbs than short ones cos you can displace more water in the same motion.
In contrast, in the no-limits category, for example, less physicality is required cos you don’t move so much so… body type plays less role. Anyway, try the no fins and you’ll get a feel of the process better. let me know how you do and i'll give you some tips if you like.

Hi

Hi Waterlover I agree with you in something you are using the logic - but not agree not at all

we can have big feet but with a bad stroke- is like nothing it will not help you much

Do you know how many stroke david does in dinaminc not fins in pool? 3 stroke- Im 6-2 and still Im working hard to do 4 stroke for the 25 m dinamic not fins--

what do I really need to do 4stroke?? well-- nothing to do with my hight-- but with my stroke- or body positiong-

supose you are a beginer - and you are a very tall guy - how many stroke it will take you -- maybe 9 - 8 -7

di you understand ?

big feet can be good-in part - but - is only one component--- of what we really need to get deep--

also--- we can be tall--- but if there is not a good streamline while swimming is like nothing--- the taller you are in this case will not help you much

Now talking about :( shave short fins you can go less deep than if you have long)

Im not really sure in this but--

what make us to go deep is the -weight we use-the capacity we have- more thant the fins--- not sure but I think is not necesary to use the fins a lot-- CORRET ME IN THIS-

Now - I think we use the fins more when going to the surface--

in this case- LONG FINS- Will help us A LOT--

Im right or not ?

just my opinion

Daniel.

Last edited:
Bathyscaph driver needed!

Neshamah, my friend, for CW no fins, of course you have to have technique. Of course you have to know how to swim well. If not, you will drown.

I write about natural physical attributes to emphasize the physicality of no fins and the difference with CW fins. Haven’t you noticed how many young people like you and your friends can dive “deep” after so few years experience? Why? Modern wetsuits, masks, fins and monofins are fantastic, eh?
40 years ago the world record for CW fins was 40-50m. maybe. Nowadays the champions go double the distance. You really think they are double as good as Jacques Mayiol? You think they can hold their breath double as long as him, eh?

Wrong, my friend. Anyway, it is a long story. In this website I have read so much about super techniques and Buddhism and yoga and styles. It’s all very nice. But the best things in life are simple. And water is the best. When I have time I will write what I think being good in the water is and how to be good.

You said also you think weights is the most important thing for going deep not fins. Interesting. True, if you wear a 50kilos belt you will go very deep. Please, please do not try this unless you have a friend who is a bathyscaph driver to find you afterwards.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT