• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

When in Florida ...

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Pezman

We pee deep. Ew!
Sep 24, 2002
... maybe you should think twice about doing as the Floridians do.

Most folks I met there were perfectly sane and decent, provided you were able to look past the freakdiving thing. However, this week, both stories in MSNBC's "Peculiar Postings" section are from the Sunshine State. Luckily, I didn't meet any of these folks (that I know of).

Careful with that 'Gator, Eugene -- http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5456307/

My favorite line was "misdemeanor charges of battery and possession of an alligator". To think, just last century you could probably stroll right through airline securtiy w/ a gator -- now the latte drinking, Volvo driving left-wing freak-show that is the anti-gator lobby wants to keep you from having one in the privacy of your own home. If you want my gator you'll have to pry it from my cold dead hands!

Hopefully they can at least charge these kids w/ loitering -- http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5458599/

Isn't the KK held in Islamorada? Can you win the kup w/ an aerial aspetto? What is is about the Keys?!?

Reactions: Erik
You think the gator was wild, try going to the big boat ramps in Miami on any Saturday afternoon. Those folks make Florida look REALLY crazy, good republicans all. By far the best show in town.

Oops, just read the meathook article. As a volvo diving, left-wing, tree hugging, registered republican, I've got to admit the kids are crazier than Miami republicans. The keys have always been a refuge for the wierd.

Originally posted by Pezman
[B If you want my gator you'll have to pry it from my cold dead hands!
[/B]

LOL! Classic.
Cheers,
Erik Y.

In a telephone interview Saturday with The Associated Press, Workman said she fired into the water and could see the bullet's downward path.

"That's my canal, and they have no business in there," Workman said. "They was taking the lobster, and we're not going to have no more lobsters."

Workman, 69, told police she had a .38-caliber handgun under her pillow. Officers confiscated the gun, a handheld flare gun and a BB gun.

She was charged Thursday with aggravated assault and discharging a firearm in public. She smiled for her mug shot, spent the night in the Monroe County Jail and was released Friday.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT