• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

When 'too cold/too deep/too long' is not an option...

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Mufazalov

Dec 25, 2010
Hello, spearos!
The Mediterranean winter is slowly fading away, and here are some of the highlights of the past months...

To those who are not 'friends' with metric system, 35m is 115ft
The thumbnail photo was taken in Izmir, Turkey. The sea on the left was around 9'C/48'F, but the coldest water I got into was on the other side of me. Sweetwater @ 4'C/39'F. Got in without the gloves... 2 minutes in and my hands felt 'very funny'.

I liked the video but I never saw the static video shot in the actual video. I was hoping to see the snow entry. [emoji4]

Sent from my Samsung using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mufazalov
@mariusshobo, thank you! The underwater footage was filmed with a GPRO3+ Black, above the water was filmed with Sony A6000 ;)

@SubCurrent, I am not sure I get what you mean by 'static video'. The entry was alright, actually. Luckily I had new socks, new gloves and a suit, that fits perfectly. The worst part was the face :) Rather, the area 'out of the mask' but 'not covered with the suit'... It would turn purplish within an hour or so :)

@mariusshobo, thank you! The underwater footage was filmed with a GPRO3+ Black, above the water was filmed with Sony A6000 ;)

@SubCurrent, I am not sure I get what you mean by 'static video'. The entry was alright, actually. Luckily I had new socks, new gloves and a suit, that fits perfectly. The worst part was the face :) Rather, the area 'out of the mask' but 'not covered with the suit'... It would turn purplish within an hour or so :)
I guess I'm referring to the short above water video in the snow. The still preview shot of you in the snow with your wetsuit and belt isn't there in the video. The shot looks like a photo.

I guess I'm referring to the short above water video in the snow. The still preview shot of you in the snow with your wetsuit and belt isn't there in the video. The shot looks like a photo.

It is!! :)
Its where I am waving with my hands :) Just a different angle... My feet were freezing then. Numb.

Reactions: SubCurrent
Hi Anvar,

Fantastic video as always! :)

In the movie around the 53 sec I notice you are swimming with a set of long freediving fins but they have a split in them like one would see in many shorter scuba type fins.

Please could you give me a bit more info on them? E.g. the type of fin and how do you find the performance?

Reactions: Mufazalov
Hi Anvar,

Fantastic video as always! :)

In the movie around the 53 sec I notice you are swimming with a set of long freediving fins but they have a split in them like one would see in many shorter scuba type fins.

Please could you give me a bit more info on them? E.g. the type of fin and how do you find the performance?

Thanks, @landshark sa
Trying to add some 'pleasant' elements to my video. Fish>fish>fish>fish gets too boring :)

Well, yeah those fins were a cool idea we were developing with Subcraft. (if compared to standard fins) They look nicer and are softer. Performance wise, I haven't seen much difference. Neither my dive times, nor dive depths have changed. But: physically speaking there should be a higher energy 'loss' with such fins (which I have recently found to be negligible).

I also think that I should be much more careful when playing with those, as they are so soft and twisty now...

Reactions: landshark sa
Thanks, @landshark sa
Trying to add some 'pleasant' elements to my video. Fish>fish>fish>fish gets too boring :)

Well, yeah those fins were a cool idea we were developing with Subcraft. (if compared to standard fins) They look nicer and are softer. Performance wise, I haven't seen much difference. Neither my dive times, nor dive depths have changed. But: physically speaking there should be a higher energy 'loss' with such fins (which I have recently found to be negligible).

I also think that I should be much more careful when playing with those, as they are so soft and twisty now...

From a spearo's perspective I'm not sure if Fish>fish>fish>fish will ever get boring but your movies are great, besides the Fish>fish>fish>fish, dance and other extras :) the editing and post production is really good. I thoroughly enjoy them!

Thanks for the info. Good to see manufactures trying other stuff.

Another question, how do you find the Subcraft suits? Compared to Elios for example.

From a spearo's perspective I'm not sure if Fish>fish>fish>fish will ever get boring but your movies are great, besides the Fish>fish>fish>fish, dance and other extras :) the editing and post production is really good. I thoroughly enjoy them!

Thanks for the info. Good to see manufactures trying other stuff.

Another question, how do you find the Subcraft suits? Compared to Elios for example.

Well, the dance was to spice up the fish>fish>fish soup :)

The suits! I know their products for the last 4-5 years and we have have had ups and downs. However, our relationship grew stronger so now I am with them in their R&D and also a distributor here. So I will be biased. Back in a day, I decided to stick with them for their price/quality ratio.
Lots of respectable manufacturers out there (Elios being one). But I found Subcraft more 'compatible' with the way I see things :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT