• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Where do you dive?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Alison

Mar 6, 2004
Hi, me again :D
Ive been very interested reading what everybody does for a living and very supprised at some of your occupations ;) Ive also enjoyed Miles's wonderfull pictures of his home area, so I thought it might be cool to see where other people dip their toes :)
This is my home area and where Ive done most of my fishing (though since the invention of the bicycle Ive ventured further away too)
So hopefully in this order:

• This is where I catch most of my Bass, on the near side of this reef; max depth about 7m. On the far side of the reef its a bit deeper 12m and colder too, never seen a Bass there but a few good Pollock
  • Same place but taken from the garden at low water, just shows how shallow good fishing can be sometimes :)
  • Next beach up the coast from us, looking back towards my village, Bass, whiting,plaice and flounder
  • Looking back from the village to where the last pic was taken from
  • Looking back from my favorite Bass place to home :)

Reactions: Erik and johnny
Hi Alison

Interesting looking place. What is the normal vis??

I dive in the Bahamas in summer and make an occasional day trip in winter to central Florida to dive in some deep springs. The islands are a pain to get to but the diving conditions are so good it's worth it Otherwise, I've seen a lot of water in the Gulf of Mexico all the way to Texas, and in the Florida Keys. Its amazing(and wonderful), but there are DBers to dive with where ever I go.

You have done some diving in exotic places, where all?

Connor

Hello Alison!

I think that this could end up being a very nice thread!

Here are a few pictures of my home town!

Attachments

• thedivesite.jpg
    thedivesite.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 136
  • jaffaair.jpg
    jaffaair.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 136
  • oldjaffa.jpg
    oldjaffa.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 142
  • tlv.jpg
    tlv.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 131
  • jaffa.jpg
    jaffa.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 131
Reactions: DeepThought
some more pictures

Attachments

• tlvjaffa.jpg
    tlvjaffa.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 129
  • Tlvbeach.jpg
    Tlvbeach.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 160
  • me.jpg
    me.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 139
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Connor
The viz can be anything between 0m and 6m averaging around 2.5 - 3, of course there is the odd exceptional day but I cant admit to seeing one in a while

This is the Holyland! Israel, formerly known as Palestine! I'm an Israeli Arab! Israel is 23% Arabs (The palestinian territories are not included in the count)

In the pictures you see Jaffa port, the oldest port in the world where Jonnah and the whale incident occured!

The first picture is Andromeda Rock, this is where I usually dive! the depth there gets to about 10m! The problem here is that to get to greater depth you need a boat! The visibility here is usually varies between 5- 10m and even more in the winter if the sea is quiet! ( My friend, Former WR holder Erez beatus got to dive at a ship wreck (electro gal) here which is at a depth of 50m and he was able to see the ship from the surface!!!

This is also Where DeepThought (Michael) but he lives in Tel aviv and I live in Jaffa!!

Said

Last edited:
Cap de Creus

Lovely place Alison,
I like that type of scenery. Here's a panoramic of a place I dive, pretty clear visibility, it was taken a couple of months ago. Excuse the overlapping, I shot it without a tripod and there's a little repetition. In summer it can be up to 20m+. Place is called Cap de Creus, a stark and impressive rocky windy national park.

Adrian

Attachments

• Cap_de_Creus_2005.jpg
    Cap_de_Creus_2005.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 196
About an hour away. The whole area is like that, full of little bays waiting to be explored.

My previous invite still holds!

Adrian

good thread Alison, i will try yo add mines as soon as possible :)

Adrian, that great looking places. Can you spear in that "national park"? I heard they are some very nice fishes in spain to spear, is that true? or shane wipe them all out in Gibraltar? rofl

rofl I think Shane has a tight grip on the throat of the Med, nothing gets in or out :)

Alison said:
rofl I think Shane has a tight grip on the throat of the Med, nothing gets in or out :)

I think Shane has tight grip on something, but things do manage to get out occasionally
:yack

Cheers,
Erik Y.

Reactions: Alison
The only thing he lets through are broken British nuclear subs, just cause he doesn't have a strong enough shaft...

Murat, there are fish in the area, dentex, sargos, med barracudas, doradas, bass groupers, but not in large quantities. Most fishing except for bass and the barracudas is around 15-20+ meters plus aspetto if you want to get larger specimens.

Eric, that avatar of yours looks familiar. (???)

Adrian said:
Eric, that avatar of yours looks familiar. (???)

That is a guy from a Canadian TV show called "The Trailer Park Boys", one of the funniest things ever to come out of Canada.
Cheers,
Erik Y.

Allison - those beach shots could've been taken around here - I'd be right at home there. I'll have a camera this summer and will get some nice UW shots. I dive in Grand Traverse Bay and Lake Michigan near Pyramid point. Calmish day vis is up to 20 meters with 10 probably being about average. It can get quite churned up depending on wind and how far out from shore. We have zillions of inland lakes as well and some of these are getting clear due to zebra muscles. They tend to be horrifyingly full of water skiers during the summer however. The water clarity is still a shock to me - back in the day 5 meters was extraordinary - now thats a bad day!.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT