• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Where do you put the Boingie?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hi Rig,

Yes I've seen the pictures and would have loved to see you with one holding a fish too. The most awesome one is Guy spearing two tuna 204# and 262# with a 60in hybrid gun. Puts new meaning into the saying..." its the indian and not the arrow!"
I'll be on a tuna trip over the holidays and will let you know how it goes. I will be sending out a new ono gun but you can't claim it since I engraved a name on it already. You'll see it Thanksgiving.
Speaking of Floatlines, My neoprene ones are still on the Ambar in Cabo and I'll be using my old norprene ones. I hope they hold for one more trip.

Aloha, Daryl

Hi Mr Wong,

I know its too early but do you think to establish some international dealers in europe? Especially in Cyprus:D . BTW i saw in your site that you started to manufacture semi closed tracks hybrid with 5/16 shafts. I am just curious about its technical properties. If you use same track with 60-65inch CF hybrid with 9/32 shafts is it allow you to overpower the gun bit more with extreme accuracy. BTW where do you put the track wood end or carbon end?

Bye...

Hi Murat,

My company and the other company I am partnered with (Aimrite) would like to someday establish a broader customer base through international dealers. But alas, we are still two companies of one elf and two elfs....Rick and I both have regular jobs and hope to one day become internaltional.
The new semi enclosed hybrid is enclosed on the wood side. This enables at least half of the shaft to be enclosed while it is going out when the trigger is pulled. by the time it leaves the enclosed portion, the bands have provided most of its power and the shaft is on its way. This was a way to get rid of as much shaft whipping of the 9/32 shaft when using three bands. It was first designed for the smaller 9/32 and since then a freind has made it popular with the 5/16 shaft too. I named the gun model after him.
A diver recently sent in a picture of two tuna's over 200#'s speared with the semi-enclosed track hybrid gun. It will be up on our website soon, along with the others who have landed tuna with my guns.

Aloha, Daryl

Last edited by a moderator:
thats insane:cool: My turn will come....
I saw that the pics are now up on Daryls site...check them out here ...go to photogallery 2 ....sick:D

Last edited:
Thats great!!!!

Hey Daryl did he used 5/16 shaft or 9/32 ? Just curious:eek:

Hi Murat,

He was using a 5/16 shaft with an Aimrite sliptip. 3 5/8 bands 28.5,29, 29.5in

Aloha, Daryl

Murat 3x 5/8 bands is the same setup as the Totem Tuna.

Can it handle Atlantic Bluefin though??????????????????

It should, isn't it? BTW since you saw that gun, how its looks like? Thicker than tahiti or just mid-handle version?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT