• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Where to buy a Mares spark?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Luis

The spearo-chef.
Apr 3, 2005
Hi guys...

Mi name is Luis and I'm an old member of this forum, but I had like 4 years without posting, I left spearfishing for a long time, and now I have no equipment -I'm explaining shortly at the end of the thread- , I'm starting from scratch, actually I started with the advice of this forum and I got a Riffe mid handle, a No Kai, with the torpedo float, a couple of extra shafts,the float line, great fins and all the required toys.

But now I'm starting from scratch and I want to do so in the "dark side" a want a Pneumatic gun at all costs, I was in European forums and everything was guiding me into tunned up spearguns, but for me, bringing something from Europe is a burocratic mess, but buying it in the U.S. and bringing it to my country is much easier.

I saw great things about the spearguns with Tovarich, and Karayo kits, and I find them awesome, but I got fed up on the technicalities and thinking on the import problems, now I want something with great performance "out of the box", I was thinking about a Cyrano, but a great friend of mine suggested me to get an Spark, wich shares the same 11mm platform and is more affordable, the only problem that I find is that not so many places sell it.... I see lots of Cressi, Mares Cyrano, Airbalettes but not the "Spark".

Any suggestion of where to buy one (I want a gun on the 40 inches lenght, a few more a few less, no problem)

I'm open to any suggestion on a reliable online seller, and also if you can tell me what kind of shafts should I buy additionally. (I heard that the ones that come with the gun are not the best, and I want to get at least a couple of good ones)

Best regards to you all!!

Luis:D

P.S. I lost my gear...I mean, it all was stolen from me by a giant mantaray that got extra friendly with me and got tangled with my floatline and dragged me so fast that almost rip-off my arm from the shoulder and the ride was for 1 mile hanging on my torpedo float...Looooong story and a funny one...To watch and hear...But not so funny when you think that I lost almost 1K USD in my little adventure...But maybe I deserved it, because I was the one that started playing, caressing and riding the mantaray in the first place... At the end I had to release the float line and keep my torpedo floating me while a boat came to pick me up in the blue.

The Deeperblue friendly shop (Scubastore) seems to have them in stock. The shipping to Mexico won't be cheap, but the basic item's price is nice (much cheaper than any Cyrano, anyway). Here's the online store link:
Mares Spark Mimetic Air Gun. Fusiles Fusiles, precios en Scubastore.com ,buceo-submarinismo

Indeed the Mares Spark is the same gun as the Cyrano, but with a lower price and a better balance and less wrist-heavyness. Good choice.

Thanks a lot man..I'll take a look, I have an adress in the U.S. So, shipping will be no problem, from there I'll pick it up personally.

Sending anything directly to Mexico is a burocratic nightmare:head

Best regards!!!:)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT