• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Where to find the freediving girls?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

PoseidonSv

Aquaholic
Jan 2, 2004
They seem to be an endangered species, what can be done to make more females realize it is not a macho thing only suitable for men.
Also how can one explain to women that freediving does not have to be all about record deep freediving but can be fun hobby.

Reactions: naiad
I just wish I was...Cursed be this (albeit handsome) male body that keeps me captive!

On a serious note, I think in our "club" the ratio is about 50/50. At least in terms of who's active and who's not.

LOL I have wanted to be a guy just because it seems freediving guys are more willing to help out other freediving guys -- unless they are single! (maybe this is just location related?)

Originally posted by iceselkie
LOL I have wanted to be a guy just because it seems freediving guys are more willing to help out other freediving guys -- unless they are single! (maybe this is just location related?)

It is absolutely location related. We would love to dive with you here in Alberta, and possibly we could get out to Sask too. There are only a few of us here, but we are hardcore and go out as often as possible in a few local spots.
Some of us want to go back to Cold Lake for some spearfishing and maybe some deep training too. Keep in touch with me on the MSN group and lets dive!
Cheers,
Erik Y.

Originally posted by PoseidonSv
They seem to be an endangered species, what can be done to make more females realize it is not a macho thing only suitable for men.
Also how can one explain to women that freediving does not have to be all about record deep freediving but can be fun hobby.

Well, most (at least in my social circles) just don't see the fun of holding ones breath underwater. It's uncomfortable and messes up the hair. It's much more convinient to check out all the cute guys at the local pub instead. It is understandable and hard to argue against.

Females who freedive always have a boyfriend, because that is the reason they have started freediving in the first place. Their boyfriend got them into it. There are currently only 389 freediving women in the whole world, and only 4 of those are single.

The best option, therefore, is to find a landloving girlfriend and then slowly ease her into the world of freediving. It's a difficult and delicate process. It can never be forced. The success rate tends to be poor. There was this article here at DB about this very topic and it contained some very good advices. I don't know if it is still here but it might be worth your while to search the archives.

Good luck.

I hope you're being sarcastic, because this is exactly the "macho" sort of crap we women avoid, Tommy.

Personally, I was the one who got my husband involved with freediving so that we could be swim buddies. I've never had the experience of having an opposite sex buddy (besides my husband) but I imagine it would feel awkward unless that person was completely there for the love of the diving.

I also don't spear fish. My husband does and I have nothing against it, I just don't do it. I consider myself more of a sight seer, and I would love to dive wrecks, kelp beds, ice holes, weird terrain... the only shooting I look forward to is the pics of the action. I love watching others dive as well, and hope to get involved in safety aspects, maybe even training as I have background in lifeguarding and respiratory therapy.

Erik, it's true about the travelling. I'm actually moving to BC, and I think that is going to affect my freediving "career" HUGELY. HOnestly, Saskatchewan is not the place for freediving; it's been difficult to stay motivated- especially after diving into the Shuswap (no goggles, no gear), absolutely loving it and then having to go back to Sask. :p

Last edited:
Re: Re: Where to find the freediving girls?

Originally posted by Tommy Engfors
There are currently only 389 freediving women in the whole world, and only 4 of those are single.

Hey Tommy!
I hope the CIA, FBI, MI5, and the Mossad recruit you because that's a truely impessive piece of investigative work! You've saved a lot of single male freedivers a whole lot of work. :( The truth hits hard! ;) rofl rofl

Detective Frank Deepend would be proud of you!

Adrian

P.S. How much are you selling the list of single freediving ladies for?

Reactions: fpernett
Originally posted by iceselkie
Erik, it's true about the travelling. I'm actually moving to BC, and I think that is going to affect my freediving "career" HUGELY. HOnestly, Saskatchewan is not the place for freediving;

BC is awesome, and the freedivers out there are great people too. You will love it.
Cheers,
Erik Y.

Let's suppose, just for the sake of arugment, that I knew where to find them.

Why would I tell you ??

Originally posted by Paul Kotik
Let's suppose, just for the sake of arugment, that I knew where to find them.

Why would I tell you ??

How's this for blackmail?

Who's this guy? What's he lookng at? rofl rofl

That is obviously L'il Orphan Annie's younger brother, Manfred, who is not looking at anything as his eyeballs lack essential optical components such as cornea, iris and pupil. In fact, I've never seen that man before in my life. If it is, indeed, a man at all. Depends on your definition of 'man', man.......

Funny thread. :)

Look, if you're a single guy and want to meet more girls while freediving, then don't rush directly from your car into the water and vice versa. Hang out on the beach for awhile. :cool: That's where the girls are! :duh

..on the opinion of freediving girls..

Funny article!

While I haven't seen it yet (but I am anxious to), the film "The Freediver" is mainly about freediving women. I hear the there are many parallels to the film "The Big Blue" with particular respects to very driven, competitive attitudes, conflicts in love, etc. and I wonder what impact this is going to have on the attitudes of women and men in the sport, as well as outside of, as to how freedivers are portrayed. No doubt it will be mainly motivating to watch, but at the same time I wonder if it will shy people away? I don't think freediving is *all* about competition and monk-like behaviour, it definitly can be social, and I think I'd like to see more films come out that portray that side of it!!

I've red it, it's a funny read.

But I also fear that 'our' Big Blue is misunderstood by the writer.

In my view freedivers do fall in love, but maybe they find a more subtile and slower approach nessesairy because they are more after the insite instead of the outside?

I've done some underwater dancing, monofinning up with girl holding her tight from a depth of 15m completely in sync in the blue, the most romantic thing in my memory.

I don't know if 'ts me, but it seems to me that though I've senced a sens off perfectnes in moments the much hailed 'love of you life' 'complete love' isn't such a impressive feeling to me. This is pretty hard to discribe. I also love the love I experience with these open, warm, trustfull, forthcoming, unjudgemental people I met in trains, pools, and other places. Maybe freediving opens people up to know theirselves better, gain a better understanding of themselfves and others? Maybe freediving helps us to see things in perspective?

Hmm a lot of maybe's, languish and word are still a limited form of communication when it comes to discribing feelings. Maybe that's it! water conducts feelings! :)

Funny things happen when one just sit down and tries to write one's feelings:D

Kars

Sorry Paul,
Nice answer but wrong answer! I see that I'll have to expose you for what you really are, you hinted at it when you questioned the definition of "man".

I photographed him at a moment of delicate transformation in his life. It all started at a Greek restaurant in Miami. We were all eating mousaka and I don't know why it didn't affect the rest of us. He turned from genial, witty Performance Freedive Clinic instructor into a fishy character (note the budding gills on his neck) in a blink of the eyes, and speaking of eyes, look at his!

My further investigations showed that this happens after a certain amount of freediving years along with experiencing certain pressures at given depths. Combined with the chemical components of Greek food, it results in a irreversible condition called ...sorry, can't write any more, there are bubbles coming out of my mouth...oh my God! I just had feta cheese for din..........

Year 2008: Neither Paul nor Adrian were ever heard from again, in fact the DeeperBlue forums became strangely silent after a couple of years, along with increasing reports of sightings of men with gills and women with dolphin tails.

These reports were naturally silenced by governments fearful that freediving might become a sport for the masses. It didn't work, a few more years later there was no one left on land.

The Beginning.

:)

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT