• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Wheres you'r favorite place to spear around melbourne? And suggestions and tips for a newbie.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Darcy.B97

Jan 5, 2014
Just recently ordered my gear for Christmas from adreno. A lot of my mates spear around half moon bay but went there last week and only saw a couple of parrot fish and a lot of rays. Does anyone on this site live in melbourne and can offer a few tips?? And what do you guys think of my gear.
Omer alien mask
Omer eagleray fins
Omer snorkel? (Forgot the name)
Beuchat arka competition 110cm speargun
Salvimar drop booties and gloves
And a dive knife
All for $480 australian. Good deal or not.

Much appreciated.
Darcy

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1388966709903.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388966709903.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 231
Reactions: prospector
Gidday mate.

Im from melb vic. Im a newbie. My mates r intermediate. They got me into it not long ago. I live in western suburbs. Atm we doing dives every weekend off altona. Ppb. Not bad place for newbie. I do go by boat though so get around the bay easierly. Were bouts u located?

Tony

try the rocks near cheviot beach, Harold Holt used to dive there, you might see him. ;)

Hey, I'm a noob and from Melbourne. I recently went down to Flinders and found that to be an awesome spot for clear water and good depth right off the shore.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT